How do I Redirect 404 Error to Specific Page?

There is a link on my site that is supposed to go to my Parts Ordering page, but instead it goes directly to my Homepage, because it is a 404 error. How can I fix this to where I can redirect the link to the appropriate page (parts ordering page)? Is there something I can do in CS-cart or will I have to adjust something in my cPanel?

Take a look at our CDSEO add-on. We implemented the custom 404 redirect link feature.

Does anybody know if redirecting 404 errors to the homepage is better than a 404 page? I have a ton of 404s due to missing pages.

In the beginning, I had people create pages that odd misspellings like /my-stuf.html and later changed it to /my-stuff.html and now, the old /my-stuf.html page is dead. I've tried everything including redirects in the htaacess file but nothing works. I am still loaded with a bunch of random dead links like this. Would I be best off to just redirect everything to the homepage.

You also need 301 redirect the old urls to the new ones.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1387253869' post='173616']

You also need 301 redirect the old urls to the new ones.

[/quote]

Is that a plugin you offer? I been looking for a way to redirect my old links to the new links, but nothing I've tried works including htaccess because a lot of them are computer generated links like:

/category?=2 is now /category2.html

Been looking for a simple 301 redirect system like old link to new link.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello ckad79,[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We'd like to offer you our CS-Cart “Redirect manager” add-on that allows [size=4][color=#333333]to add [/color][/size][/font][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]URL redirections to your store with the 301 and 302 HTTP status codes manually or import .csv files from “Crawl errors” page of Google Webmasters tools.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You are welcome to read more details and try demo here.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sincerely yours,[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CS-Market.[/font][/color]

Thanks for the url to the addon.

Installed but I am having issues. I sent you an email.