How do I edit a shipment

Hi everyone. I am brand new to CS Cart and I have some questions. I wanted to know is there some way to edit a shipment once you have created it. I accidentally created a shipment for a customer that had more than one order placed through my site. I want to remove the USPS delivery confirmation from the product I have not yet shipped. Is there any way at all to do this? Thank you in advance, any help is much appreciated! :-o

I am still a newbie after many years…lol

When you select an order there should be an

Edit Order link at the top.

I hope this helps.

Hi there Termalert, Yes, I know the exact link you are talking about lol. I have been there many times :) My customers like to add to their orders (which is a good thing) So I have become very familiar with this link haha. However, no, it doesn’t allow me to change the shipping info. I reallllly don’t think you can edit it. I have tried searching everywhere. I was hoping I was just missing the obvious :) I don’t think so though. I think I am going to have to learn to live with my goof ups I be extremely careful. Thanks again for the help!

There is no way to edit a Shipment in my ver of CS-Cart (3.0.6).

If you want to reuse the Tracking Number, view the Shipment details, highlight and copy the tracking number.

Delete the erroneous shipment and create a new one.

The only solution is to delete the old one and create a new one. Fortunately they are easy to create.

Thanks, Magpie! I have version 4 but I did have 3. I never could find a way to edit the shipment from version 3 and seems to be the same for version 4. When you say create a “new one” are you saying create a new invoice? If that is what you are suggesting, the only reason I wouldn't want to do that is it will cause my customer's invoice number to change. Is there a way to create an invoice and type in the invoice number you want? Thanks for all the help guys!

Sorry, what I'm saying is that you can delete the Shipment that you created, and create a New Shipment. You can't create a New Shipment for anything in an order that is already in another Shipment, but you can delete a Shipment that contains erroneous information and then create a New Shipment from scratch.

OHHHHH DING DING DING…The light went on! I am no longer in the dark lol. I get it! You are brilliant…Thank you! (feeling a little dumb here haha)