Currently only the featured products has the rating and review features, I need this feature to be added to all the products. How to do I do that
You can’t apply it to all products from within the cart - you would need to make the changes directly to the database.
[COLOR=“red”]** Back up the cscart_discussion table first **[/COLOR]
Execute the following SQL command in your SQL tool (e.g., phpMyAdmin):
UPDATE `cscart_discussion` SET type='[B][COLOR="Red"]X[/COLOR][/B]' WHERE object_type='P';
Substitute one of the following for [COLOR=“red”]X[/COLOR] in the above;
C - Communication
R - Rating
B - Both
D - Disabled
If you are not comfortable with with this, then use the following method.
You can change existing items in bulk using the following procedure:
- Go to Catalog->Products and set the “Total items” link to 100
- Search for product (I usually do one category at a time)
- Tick the checkbox in front of “Code” so that all items are selected
- Choose ‘Edit selected’ from the “Choose action” menu
- Click the “Unselect all” link
- Tick ‘Reviews’ then hit the “Modify selected” button
- Click the “apply values to all selected products” link
- Tick "Reviews and choose your preference (Communication, Rating or All) from the dropdown menu, then hit the “Apply” button
- Hit the “Save” button
Repeat steps 2 through 9 for each page of search results.
Thanks for the reply
I did the database change, but I did not got the review section available. do I have to follow the next set of steps as well?
Do you have “Comments and Reviews” installed and active in the addons?
Yes ! but still I couldn’t get the reviews for all the products enabled
[quote name=‘dreammind’]Yes ! but still I couldn’t get the reviews for all the products enabled[/QUOTE]
What happened? Did it enable the reviews for some additional products or no additional products?
Got it sorted…it working fine Thanx for the help given