How Can I Build New Site On Subdomain, Then Switch?

Hello,

Im wanting to upgrade to the newest version of CScart, as Im still on 1.3.5. I'd like to upload and build a new site with the newest version of CScart on a subdomain, and when I'm comfortable, make that website go live and get rid of the older site. Are there any instructions on how to do this?

Thank you!

[quote name='joshin' timestamp='1309301672' post='115906']

Hello,

Im wanting to upgrade to the newest version of CScart, as Im still on 1.3.5. I'd like to upload and build a new site with the newest version of CScart on a subdomain, and when I'm comfortable, make that website go live and get rid of the older site. Are there any instructions on how to do this?

Thank you!

[/quote]

Check the KB: Moving CS-Cart Installation to Another Directory on the Same Server

There are also this thread I bookmarked long ago how to transfer cs-cart from subdirectory

what colortone is suggesting is that you build new site in a subdirectory, not new site

http://www.yoursite.com/newsite/

Remember also to use a different database name when installing

Thank you for the tips guys!

I assume its going to be easier to just build a new site rather than upgrade huh? Im on 1.3.5 now and not too many custom pages.

Subdomain is HIGHLY suggested.

It creates an independent cPanel environment (if you use cPanel of course) that excludes itself from the root .htaccess directives.

I'm needing to move my cart to root directory AND move it to a new server. Should I move to root first and then have hostgator move site as is to new server? I just want to make sure I do this right so I don't have any major downtime!