Hot deals section

How to add price at the hot deals section?

I want to know that too, anyone ?

and also how do we adjust the number of products shown ? (for example 5 instead of 4).

thanks

You can limit the number of products shown by editing the Hot Deals block in Design->Blocks. If “Filling” is set to anything but ‘Manually’ there will be a a link for ‘Specific settings’; click this link and you will then be able to specify the maximum products shown. If the “Filling” is ‘Manually’, it will display all the items specified

Bob

i didn’t mean the total number of products but the products show on each “slide” and the price feature should be implemented as optional

thanks

To change the number of products shown on each slide, change the bit in red below in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons/hot_deals_block/blocks/hot_deals.tpl:

{section name="index" loop="[B][COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR][/B]"}

{/section}

You would probably also add your price variable in the above div. I think you would also need to change the bit in red below from ‘false’ to ‘true’ in /addons/hot_deals_block/schemas/block_manager/structure.post.php:

$schema['products']['appearances']['addons/hot_deals_block/blocks/hot_deals.tpl'] = array (
'data_modifier' => array (
'fn_gather_additional_product_data' => array (
'product' => '#this',
'get_icon' => true,
'get_detailed' => [B][COLOR="red"]false[/COLOR][/B],
'get_options' => false

Hope that can at least get you started.

Bob

there is no more schemas in hot deals block, how to show the price in hot deals.

thank you very much mr jobo

‘Schemas’ is still there in my 2.0.12. Did you get the right path? This file is not in the /skins directory.

/addons/hot_deals_block/schemas/block_manager/structure.post.php

I have not tried this but this should help get you started.

Bob

mr jobo, im so sorry that not aware of this, yes it is still there, as you said i need to add the price variable, but what price variable is it?

i have change from false to true, but the price still not appear, how did you manage to get the price appear in hot deals by only change from false to true?

[quote name=‘vidan’]mr jobo, im so sorry that not aware of this, yes it is still there, as you said i need to add the price variable, but what price variable is it?

i have change from false to true, but the price still not appear, how did you manage to get the price appear in hot deals by only change from false to true?[/QUOTE]

As I said above, I have not done this. I am just suggesting that you can start by looking at the above code areas. Perhaps someone more familiar with the code will jump in.

Bob

I am trying to figure this out but have come up short. Anyone have any more insight on this one?

The problem in fetching the product images.

I have tried to create a debug at

by creating a php error.

But it does not shows the error.

I think the base class/functions is not including this file

thanks