Home Page Outside Of Cs-Cart

We need to have our home page be separate from CS-Cart (but on the same server) - this page then has a link to the CS-Cart home page -like a splash page that then links to the real home page. I tried calling the splash page “index.html”, and this seemed to work because in .htaccess, index.html came before index.php in the DirectoryIndex directive. But then I realized that the store wasn't behaving correctly when I did anything like fill out a form or try to login, etc. I am pretty sure this is because the app uses www.mydomain.com/?parameter-list… as the form action instead of www.mydomain.com/index.php?parameter-list. So when a form is submitted, it ends up trying to go back to index.html instead of index.php, and doesn't process the form or login correctly. How can I make this work?

Thank you!

Colleen

maybe you could explain more about why you want to do what you are doing?

you have to install cs cart or move it in to a folder/ subdirectory under your public_html/www folder…

Ohhhh ok. That stinks, but makes sense. I will move my install into a subfolder to make this work. Thank you.

Doesn't have to be a sub folder, can be parallel as well. It then becomes all about rewrite rules.

Can you provide more details on rewrite rules.

I have a bit of an issue configuring a splash page and installing cs-cart in root folder.

1. Installed CS-CART in Root Folder - /

2. Created custom Splash page - INDEX.HTML

When navigating to www.mysite.com - Index.html loads and shows splash page with links to cs-cart caregories, etc..

The problem is, once clicked and moved to cs-cart site, it will go back to html when HOME button or LOGO is clicked on. I want it to stay at cs-cart homepage, but somewhere in footer will create a backlink to index.html splash page.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

X

You might try something like:

[coode]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example\.com$

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://example.com/my_splash_page.html[L]

```