Hide The In Stock Quantity

Hi guys, i want to hide the IN STOCK quantity that appear below the price.

I don't want user know how many products we have. They only need to know that its available and nothing more.

i have not found it everywhere in the forum, please help

cs-cart 4.0.3

Untitled-2.jpg

one way is to disable the “Enable Inventory Tracking” in the Settings → General → Catalog section (v 2.2.5)

but that removes your possibility to get low stock notifications etc…

btw Enable inventory tracking in my back end is not ticked. i do want to keep track but just want to tell my customers that the item is available they dont need to know how much i have left. thanks for your response. im using cs-cart 4.0.3

If you want to only “In stock” / “Out of stock” appearance, then go to

1. Settings → General: check “Enable inventory tracking”
  2. Settings → Appearance: uncheck the “Show number of available products” field

And if you have product on stock, set the Quantity to 1000 :)

[quote name=‘dtjan01’ timestamp=‘1389703190’ post=‘175097’]

btw Enable inventory tracking in my back end is not ticked. i do want to keep track but just want to tell my customers that the item is available they dont need to know how much i have left. thanks for your response. im using cs-cart 4.0.3

[/quote]

i have

• check “Enable inventory tracking”
  • uncheck the “Show number of available products” field

but they are still showing ? i have even clear cache too

Do you have custom modifications?

[quote name='dtjan01' timestamp='1389706676' post='175107']

i have

• check “Enable inventory tracking”
  • uncheck the “Show number of available products” field

but they are still showing ? i have even clear cache too

[/quote]

no. Please help

Is there anyway to keep track of inventory but hide the In Stock/Out of Stock/Availability from view of the customer??

Yes. Remove this code from the product template file:

{assign var="product_amount" value="product_amount_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$product_amount nofilter}

By default, you can find this template file here: /design/themes/YOUR_THEME_NAME/templates/blocks/product_templates/default_template.tpl

[quote name='salvag' timestamp='1389718298' post='175124']

Is there anyway to keep track of inventory but hide the In Stock/Out of Stock/Availability from view of the customer??

[/quote]

I took out the code like you said and did ?ctpl and ?cc but it is still showing. Anything else I can try?

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1389720676' post='175125']

Yes. Remove this code from the product template file:

{assign var="product_amount" value="product_amount_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$product_amount nofilter}

By default, you can find this template file here: /design/themes/YOUR_THEME_NAME/templates/blocks/product_templates/default_template.tpl

[/quote]

avail.jpg

Maybe one of your add-ons override this template.

Another way, is to delete (or comment out) the Availability HTML codes from /design/frontend/YOUR_THEME/templates/common/product_data.tpl

Search for:

{capture name="product_amount_`$obj_id`"}

(line 318) you can find the {/capture} @ line 357. And delete this code temporary.

[quote name='salvag' timestamp='1389724722' post='175127']

I took out the code like you said and did ?ctpl and ?cc but it is still showing. Anything else I can try?

[/quote]

Check this Add-on: GitHub - drahosistvan/grid-list-product-availability: You can display "In stock" and "Out of stock" in the product list

Screenshot

[quote name='dtjan01' timestamp='1389707726' post='175111']

no. Please help

[/quote]

Thank you very much, this seems to have worked perfectly.

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1389738940' post='175147']

Maybe one of your add-ons override this template.

Another way, is to delete (or comment out) the Availability HTML codes from /design/frontend/YOUR_THEME/templates/common/product_data.tpl

Search for:

{capture name="product_amount_`$obj_id`"}

(line 318) you can find the {/capture} @ line 357. And delete this code temporary.

[/quote]

You are welcome. However it is not the most “elegant” solution :)

[quote name=‘salvag’ timestamp=‘1389740965’ post=‘175155’]

Thank you very much, this seems to have worked perfectly.

[/quote]

Thaaaaannnkkss work really fine

Hi, I have been trying to use the method suggested above …

check “Enable inventory tracking”

• uncheck the “Show number of available products” field.

…however every single item including those with zero stock show as in stock with none showing out of stock.

I was hoping that in looking at this someone may have seen something that I am missing to enable this feature.

Thanks

If the “Allow negative amount in inventory” checked in the Settings / General section, then uncheck it.

What is your CS-Cart version?

[quote name='travelgenee' timestamp='1389762125' post='175164']

Hi, I have been trying to use the method suggested above …

check “Enable inventory tracking”

• uncheck the “Show number of available products” field.

…however every single item including those with zero stock show as in stock with none showing out of stock.

I was hoping that in looking at this someone may have seen something that I am missing to enable this feature.

Thanks

[/quote]

drahos.istvan thanks for replying and the suggestion. Sorry I forgot the version. Using the Ultimate latest version 4 with 4 shop fronts but only 3 sell and one is a catalogue.

Not sure if this clarifies what I am trying to do but here goes: My previous shops allowed ordering to the quantity of stock available and tracked inventory and did not let customers order more than we had in stock. IE if we only had 3 they could only order 3. For specials orders inventory tracking did not happen and they could order any quantity they wished to order.

Sales from non stocked itemed are called Special orders. We order in for customers when they order them so I have set cs-cart to allow negative inventory because the buy button disappears with this option and customers cannot order our special orders then. If there is another setting I can change to allow ordering on both stocked and non stocked items I would appreciate any help you can provide.

I am trying to avoid editing templates but if I am not able to do fix within the settings I thought another options is to add a write a note on the product pages before the buy button to explain items with “availability” are in stock and ones with no “availability” are special orders. Unfortunatley my customer see the area with the option to increase and decrease the quantity when ordering and think this is stock so we are getting emails back when we inform them their order status has changed to special order. Product page examples:

http://www.decorheaven.com.au/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1786 special order

http://www.decorheaven.com.au/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1534 purchased from stock

Or can it remove the + and - quantity and leave a blank field for them to complete.

Or any other suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation for any input, Fran

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1389773279' post='175169']

If the “Allow negative amount in inventory” checked in the Settings / General section, then uncheck it.

What is your CS-Cart version?

[/quote]

You can remove the +/- sign via Admin panel. Go to Settings / Appearance, and uncheck the “Use 'Value changer' for the Quantity field” checkbox.

Other idea:

For “special order” products increase the stock to 10000, so you will never out-of-product. And disable the “Show number of available products” in admin, so your customers will see only the “In stock” text in the frontend.

[quote name='travelgenee' timestamp='1389878834' post='175320']

drahos.istvan thanks for replying and the suggestion. Sorry I forgot the version. Using the Ultimate latest version 4 with 4 shop fronts but only 3 sell and one is a catalogue.

Not sure if this clarifies what I am trying to do but here goes: My previous shops allowed ordering to the quantity of stock available and tracked inventory and did not let customers order more than we had in stock. IE if we only had 3 they could only order 3. For specials orders inventory tracking did not happen and they could order any quantity they wished to order.

Sales from non stocked itemed are called Special orders. We order in for customers when they order them so I have set cs-cart to allow negative inventory because the buy button disappears with this option and customers cannot order our special orders then. If there is another setting I can change to allow ordering on both stocked and non stocked items I would appreciate any help you can provide.

I am trying to avoid editing templates but if I am not able to do fix within the settings I thought another options is to add a write a note on the product pages before the buy button to explain items with “availability” are in stock and ones with no “availability” are special orders. Unfortunatley my customer see the area with the option to increase and decrease the quantity when ordering and think this is stock so we are getting emails back when we inform them their order status has changed to special order. Product page examples:

http://www.decorheav…product_id=1786 special order

http://www.decorheav…product_id=1534 purchased from stock

Or can it remove the + and - quantity and leave a blank field for them to complete.

Or any other suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation for any input, Fran

[/quote]

[quote name=‘drahos.istvan’ timestamp=‘1389705534’ post=‘175104’]

If you want to only “In stock” / “Out of stock” appearance, then go to

1. Settings → General: check “Enable inventory tracking”
  2. Settings → Appearance: uncheck the “Show number of available products” field

And if you have product on stock, set the Quantity to 1000 :)

[/quote]

Hi,

I am having the same problem. All of a sudden the inventory numbers are showing instead of just “in stock”.

I tried to follow the steps you said but in my CS Cart 4.2.2 i can not find “Show number of products available” field in the Appearance section. Is it somewhere else? Please help i need to hide stocks.