Helpdesk & Forums

Hello.

I would be interested to have a Helpdesk system like the one CS-Cart team is offering for their support.

Since i am new here, i would like to know if i can customize some aspects of my CS-Cart so it could function like that. Or, is there a module that i can buy and add to my site to extend it’s functionality ?

Same question goes for a Forum script.

If CS-Cart cant be customized that way, does anyone know a professional helpdesk script from another company ?

Thanks in advance.

CS will eventually be including a helpdesk of some sort… so ive read…

However, I dont think a forum is on the menu, and theres no reason it should be with so many available…

I use Kayako for my help desk and it works quite well.

I also use Vbulletin as do CS for their forums

I also use Kayako eSupport and find it great. Any forum software can also be used and i find VBulletin the easiest to use.

Seems our good friends over at X love to help their customers, LOL

[quote]

Dear Kayako Users,

Ok, after attempting to work with X-Cart’s creators (Qualiteam) to update the code to support 4.1 (they initially developed the 4.0 LoginShare), they were requesting stupid things such as :-

• Requiring Kayako to purchase an X-Cart licence first.
  • Requiring Kayako to validate users as X-Cart licence holders before providing the modification.

After this, I am now announcing I am NO LONGER responsible for this LoginShare.

THE INCLUDED X-CART LOGINSHARE ONLY WORKS WITH VERSION 4.0.X AND NOT OTHER VERSIONS SUCH AS 4.1.X. THIS WILL REMAIN UNTIL QUALITEAM CHANGES THEIR POSITION ON THIS WHICH I DOUBT THEY WILL.

Best Regards,

Craig Brass

[/quote]

Wonders never cease:rolleyes:

Its a shame though that they dont contact CS directly:shock:

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Seems our good friends over at X love to help their customers, LOL[/quote]

Well… there you have it.

Kayako unfortunatly is another company who dont give a $%£

but there product is very good, so it kind of makes up for it.

I guess we should approach them to see if CS-CART can provide a ‘free’ license lol

I dont think would stop the development of a plugin b/c Kayako didnt own a license…or would they expect kayako to validate their licenses for them. thats like asking MS to validate my copy of Adobe Photoshop.

X **** is a bunch of morons. I’m so glad I left that ****hole.

LOL thats funny. They are constantly screwing over their customers it seems.

Even if Kayako is as bad. When I get big enough that I need a helpdesk system it seems to be the only one to use. Every other helpdesk system is close to sh*t.

eTicket is good!

Its new (based on the left-for-dead osTicket), its free, it doesnt need (optionally) porting with cs-cart since it logs in with email+ticket#.

besides it also looks good and is easily redesignable.

[url]Home - eTicket Helpdesk Software PHP

just a thought…

oh: i use kayako, just because i also need the extra’s like troubleshooter

etc. otherwise i would have used this for sure!

I’ll take that advice in nwsco, thanks for the link :smiley:

Here is another free ticket system.

[url]http://www.troubleticketexpress.com/trouble-ticket-software.html[/url]

Avoid www.sitepanel3.com. Very similar to kayako with a great price but its riddled with security issues to the point my old host asked that we remove it from the server. They have also turned their forum off and im guessing its because of bad feedback.

I think the CS Cart helpdesk is the best choice. We need a custom work, about 1000$ to have it.

Anyone wanna share the fee and happy with CS-Cart Helpdesk full-features, included orders, projects, task, invoices…

Let’s do it together ^^

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]X **** is a bunch of morons. I’m so glad I left that ****hole.[/QUOTE]

ditto…

Just a little warning about Kayako loginshares:

If a user changes his email address in CS-Cart (or any other app using Kayako loginshare), Kayako ticket replies still go to the users old email address. It is a bug that several people have tried to get Kayako to fix but they flat said it can’t be fixed. (Gee, what great programmers they are). I’ve tested this in osCommerce, CubeCart, AWBS and CS-Cart. It does it in all of these apps.

At one time I wrote a little script to email CS-Cart admin a copy of any user profile changes. That way you would at least know to go in and manually update Kayako with the new email.

James

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]I dont think would stop the development of a plugin b/c Kayako didnt own a license…or would they expect kayako to validate their licenses for them. thats like asking MS to validate my copy of Adobe Photoshop.

X **** is a bunch of morons. I’m so glad I left that ****hole.[/QUOTE]

I bet if the shoe was on the other foot, Kayako would require X-Cart to purchase a Kayako license too.

[quote name=‘khoastyle’]I think the CS Cart helpdesk is the best choice. We need a custom work, about 1000$ to have it.

Anyone wanna share the fee and happy with CS-Cart Helpdesk full-features, included orders, projects, task, invoices…

Let’s do it together ^^[/QUOTE]

Do you have any details on this? PM me.