Helpdesk features you would like to see

That is fair enough and i get it. [COLOR=“Red”]I will make the MOD free [/COLOR]and i will send it to people who want it through my website.

The reason i didnt start off doing this, is that i have made sooooooooo many

hacks/addon/tweaks in 10 years, even complete applications etc for free and sometimes

the only thing i got in replies was: “but this”, and “but that”…

that made me so frustrating at times, and in this case i looked on this forum

and saw some other mods that they asked money for as well, so i thought:

lets try it, eventho thats not “me”. (trust me, i have “free” stuff going round

with 100000+hits a day etc, so its all costing me money instead of making me…)

all-in-all: my mod will be free from now on (give me a few minutes to adjust

my site) and i will mail it to the people when they want it through my site. the only thing i would

like is that IF they sign up with clickatell.com, they do it through my

affiliate-link (see bottom or website). sounds fair, right? after all, it wont cost anyone anything more…

thanks and its good we had this conversation :slight_smile:

i will change my thread and site today.

ciao!

Nwsco,

I’m sure everyone on the forums appreciates your mod and contributions. Thanks!

Hi nwsco

I for one appreciates your mods and contributions.

Thanks.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]… I had a horrific flashback nightmare from the days of Xcrap…and so I have vowed never again to let another modder make money off a free community resource…so that’s why you don’t see any of those dirtball modders from X over here because we put a stop to them making money off an already free existing resource, this is a mod free zone…[/QUOTE]

As an ex-X’er, I completely agree. I also think that by keeping both the CS-Cart base and mods free, we will see more people keeping current with the code. One of the downsides to all the “customizations” is that the customer’s site diverge further and further from the base until you are afraid to upgrade to current software releases.

The more that is free (and, hopefully offered to the cart developers), the more consistent the codebase will stay and that will benefit all of us in the long run.

Another very happy CS-Cart user (and former X-Carter).

Bob

thanks ET & Zardos! Thats what i (usually (read my explan.) lol) do it for :slight_smile:

Are you still planning on developing this? I would rather have my customers not having to go to a different url which they have to now.

Ive just had to remove my current helpdesk (Sitepanel 3) because of some major flaws in their code causing security problems and while ive now setup a forum as our FAQ system, im now looking for new options for the email ticketing.

[quote name=‘willow1872’]Are you still planning on developing this?[/QUOTE]

Who developing what? This is a long thread, so a quote would be nice :slight_smile:

I am also still waiting for a ticket-helpdesk-function integrated, if thats

what you mean, and hoping it will be in the upgrade or so.

Otherwise i’m gonna implement it myself i think (based on osTickets or so, dunno yet).

[quote name=‘nwsco’]Who developing what? This is a long thread, so a quote would be nice :slight_smile:

I am also still waiting for a ticket-helpdesk-function integrated, if thats

what you mean, and hoping it will be in the upgrade or so.

Otherwise i’m gonna implement it myself i think (based on osTickets or so, dunno yet).[/quote]

Given the thread title i assumed it would be a given

I was looking at osTickets but there havent been any updates for a while and i wouldnt want to rist putting unsecure code on my server :slight_smile:

very true. another one then? preferrably very small (lots smaller then

osTickets and easy integrateable?)

also i know there are spin-offs from osTicket that do keep up-to-date, but cant remember them anyomore…

well anyways: osTicket is a bit big to implement maybe. Maybe thrive on the discussion-tables that are already there?