Help with Webgraphiq Banner Rotator V2

I’ve just purchased and installed the Webgraphiq Banner Rotator V2… Can’t get the thing to work - it should be displaying the sample images now but nothing appears. I’ve checked the permissions on the folders and tried re installing all the while checking the error log on the server and no appears to be wrong.

Can anyone help with the issue?

Thanks in advance - I’m really keen on getting it installed and up and running so any help will be appreciated!

Blockshopza,

Have you contacted webgraphiq? Anytime I had a problem, Thomas would help me solve it within a reasonable time.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Blockshopza,

Have you contacted webgraphiq? Anytime I had a problem, Thomas would help me solve it within a reasonable time.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I’ve sent him a mail - waiting for a reply as well - when purchasing there is a $30 charge for installation, so was just worried he would charge if I asked for help.

Thanks for the info though - let’s hope he is willing to help.

Hi,

I did not pay for installation, but of course I usually have problems and I was helped until it worked.

The standard answer I see to fix most problems is to “clear your cache”.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

I did not pay for installation, but of course I usually have problems and I was helped until it worked.

The standard answer I see to fix most problems is to “clear your cache”.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Great - I’ll wait to hear from him. I tried clearing the cache also didn’t help… I’ll just have to be patient :slight_smile:

well just some basc checks.

you ftp to site

you install the addon then put your uniqe code in.

put the block on the page you want it on. (mines central and simple) and make active.

that should give you his banner setup images from what i remember

ftp your images and data file. your banner now showing

if you changed the file yourself any errors can lead to a blank banner (missing , \ ; etc) so use his file first.

Hi Did you ever get it to Work? I purchased wg rotator, also and couldn’t get the photos to show up either. I am pretty good with following directions but couldn’t get the pictures to show up. If you get it working will you kindly post how you made it work.

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJoy :wink:

[quote name=‘blockshopza’]I’ve just purchased and installed the Webgraphiq Banner Rotator V2… Can’t get the thing to work - it should be displaying the sample images now but nothing appears. I’ve checked the permissions on the folders and tried re installing all the while checking the error log on the server and no appears to be wrong.

Can anyone help with the issue?

Thanks in advance - I’m really keen on getting it installed and up and running so any help will be appreciated![/QUOTE]

It’s usually more helpfull if you say what you did. Posting it doesent work doesent help much.

What were your steps? what folders did you put them in?, would give more of a clue where things went wrong. Without more information nobody can help.

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]It’s usually more helpfull if you say what you did. Posting it doesent work doesent help much.

What were your steps? what folders did you put them in?, would give more of a clue where things went wrong. Without more information nobody can help.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - good point.

My steps:

1. Backup
  2. FTP two folders “addons” and “var” over to the root of my site where folders of the same name reside.
  3. In the CS Cart backend went to Administration-> Addons - Clicked on Install for the Addon named “Wg Ultimate Banner Rotator” - clicked edit and filled in my License Key and then click Save
  4. Went to Design-> Blocks in the back end. Under “Homepage” clicked “Add Block”
  5. Names the block “Banner Rotator” and selected “Wg Ultimate Banner Rotator” under Block Content - changed no other settings and clicked save.

From that point I would expect something to appear on the home page - like the sample images. But nothing appears. I’ve checked the source code for the homepage and I can’t find anything related to the Wg Banner Rotator.

I then removed the entire installation, copied over the files again - FTP - and then changed the permissions of the entire folder, subfolder and files to 755 (I had a problem installing an Addon before and this fixed it) but no change in the end result.

No banner displaying. I’m yet to receive feedback from Thomas regarding the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Studiated the issue and found what is causing the issue. (a file was not uploaded)

Sent mail how to solve it.

For helpdesk and troubleshooting we never charged, don’t worry.

[quote name=‘ThomH’]Studiated the issue and found what is causing the issue. (a file was not uploaded)

For helpdesk and troubleshooting we never charged, don’t worry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Thomas - you’ve been a really great help. I still can’t get the file uploading and am awaiting response from hosting provider

[quote name=‘ThomH’]Studiated the issue and found what is causing the issue. (a file was not uploaded)

For helpdesk and troubleshooting we never charged, don’t worry.[/QUOTE]

The problem was due to a component installed on our domain which checks for potentially malicious code being placed on the server - the server reacts by removing the copied file.

I have confirmed that the file in question from WebGraphiq was def. not malicious and my host has sorted out the problem - by banner rotator is working perfectly!

Thanks Thomas!!!