Help with Header area

Hi - I'm trying to do 2 things but nothing I try seems to work. I'm using the default blue template.

I want to put the log in the centre of the header area.

I want to place the search box in the right side of dark bar that has the top menu in it.

Both of these things have been driving me mad.

Everything I've tried to centre the logo has pushed everything else on the page into new and interesting places.

When I add the search box to the top menu tpl it places the search beneath the home tab and when I try and change that all that happens is that the rest of the elements on the page get messed up.

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

Bruce

top.png

hi there,

you are going to have to temper with top.tpl and top_menu.tpl file in customer folder of your skin.

Depending on your skin you are going to have to cut the

```php

{include file="common_templates/search.tpl"}

```
from top.tpl and paste it in top_menu.tpl
somewhere about before
```php

```

Offcourse you are going to need to play with css

If you can post a url I can get more accurate tips

Fotis

Thanks for that. The url is www.double-b-books.com

When I put the top search code into the top_menu.tpl where you suggest it puts the top search below the dark menu bar - that's what I've not been able to get it to do - I wonder if this is trickier than one imagines it might be because I looked at all the standard templates and none of them have other elements alongside the top menu - don't know if that means anything or not.

I wanted to do this because it looked like a way to save a bit of space - I can live with out it but if you can tell me how to get the logo sitting in the center of the header I'd be very grateful.

Try this in MyStyles.css (line 536)

.top-search {

color: #FFFFFF;

float: right;

margin-top: -29px;

padding: 3px 0 2px 8px;

position: relative;

z-index: 99999;

}

Thanks for that - it looks great.

Bruce

hi