Help - Users can't register

I’ve just had a call from a customer who said that when she went to add the billing address details all the information in the profile form clears.

All I know is that she’s using safari, but she said that she tried it about 5 times and the information kept clearing every time - so she couldn’t proceed with the order.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks

Cathy

I just spoke to that customer again and this is what she’s done:

1. Create an account by clicking “register”
  2. She must have not entered the billing address info (with the red star fields)
  3. The cart sent her an email advising she had created an account successfully (even though the registration details were incomplete).
  4. She logged in, progress through to the checkout and was shown a profile form (which is strange because she was logged in at the time).
  5. When she went to enter the billing address info, she clicked “next” and the info clears.

I can’t work out why she didn’t receive an error when she created an account - as she either hadn’t entered her billing address details at all, or there was an issue with entering them.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a weird bug?

[quote name=‘CathyG’]I just spoke to that customer again and this is what she’s done:

1. Create an account by clicking “register”
  2. She must have not entered the billing address info (with the red star fields)
  3. The cart sent her an email advising she had created an account successfully (even though the registration details were incomplete).
  4. She logged in, progress through to the checkout and was shown a profile form (which is strange because she was logged in at the time).
  5. When she went to enter the billing address info, she clicked “next” and the info clears.

I can’t work out why she didn’t receive an error when she created an account - as she either hadn’t entered her billing address details at all, or there was an issue with entering them.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a weird bug?[/quote]

I’ve received the same issues, abiet intermittently so I never really looked into it. I can confirm the exact same issue, but no fix

I am pretty certain CS-Cart has made some improvements regarding this problem with upgrades over the last several months. It used to be mentioned much more frequently here in the forums, althougth this has not been mentioned much lately.

I used to get these customer comments about once or twice a week & believe it was a session/cookie issue and perhaps only with certain browser types or versions with older CS-Cart versions. We are currently on 2.0.14 & I have not heard mention of this issue for quite some time.

You may want to consider updating to 2.0.15 as there is a good possibility this problem was at least improved upon in later releases.