help installing new 3.04 template

Hi:

These were the instructions but they did not work. Can someone give me the correct way to do it Thanks

1. Backup all the files and database.
  2. Unpack the template package to your local computer.
  3. Upload the files and folders to the root directory of your CS-Cart installation (for example: yourdomain.com).
  4. Log in to the admin area.
  5. Go to the “Design” → “Skin selector” page.
  6. Click on “Skin for the customer area:” selectbox and select the “Pure” value or other color variation.
  7. Click on the “Save” button at the bottom.
  8. Go to the “Design” → “Blocks” page.
  9. Click on the “Import Locations” button at the top.
  10. Upload the “layouts.xml” file via “Select file” area and click the “Import” button. The “layouts.xml” file comes with the template package.
  11. Clear the cache of your CS-Cart store. How to do it, please read there: How To Install CS-Cart Template | Blog – Ecommerce Themes by 12leaves

Enjoy

I purchased a template from 12leaves for 2.2.4, I didn't follow the instructions though as I already knew the principles, however, reading over the step-by-step instructions as above, the steps are correct.

Your comment 'but they did not work' is a bit vague. Can you expand on that - what didn't work?

1. Backup all the files and database.
  2. Unpack the template package to your local computer.
  3. Upload the files and folders to the root directory of your CS-Cart installation (for example: yourdomain.com).
  4. Log in to the admin area.
  5. Go to the “Design” → “Skin selector” page.
  6. Click on “Skin for the customer area:” selectbox and select the “Pure” value or other color variation.

step 6 there is no Pur skin to select. I even cleared the cache. Is it possible to upload the file to the skins directory instead of root directory?

A you tube video states to upload the var folder and replace it. Any help is much appreciated

In the Zip file you downloaded, there will be a folder called “templatename” which will include another set of folders - admin, customer and mail.

You need to upload the “templatename” folder to your '/var/skins_repositry' directory. Then when you go to Design > Skin Selector and select “templatename” and click Save, CS-Cart copies the “templatename” folder to the /skins/ directory. Do not upload the “templatename” folder to the skins directory directly.

In my 12leaves template, the zip file contained the following folders: images, jbanner_templatename and var

I uploaded these 3 folders to the root of the site. This therefore means the contents of the 'var' folder are uploaded into the 'var' directory on the server.

Deleted, my bad.

Hi:

Thanks for your info it helped get it installed. This was a free template. There was an issue with some categories on the page looks like we can delete them from the blocks though.

We are looking to purchase a template for our new website. Any suggestions?