Help Creating A Product Selection Block

Can anyone assist me in creating the following:

I would like to create a block on my homepage to allow a customer to search ink for a specific printer however I do not know the correct way in doing this. One selection box for the brand and another for the model number. I already have products in my catalogue that have a list of suitable model numbers on the product descrition.

Thanks.

[quote name='San' timestamp='1388755916' post='174464']

Can anyone assist me in creating the following:

I would like to create a block on my homepage to allow a customer to search ink for a specific printer however I do not know the correct way in doing this. One selection box for the brand and another for the model number. I already have products in my catalogue that have a list of suitable model numbers on the product descrition.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Have a look at these addons:

http://www.cscart.bi…cart-addon.html

http://www.cscartroc…ters-addon.html

Regards

John

Is there anyway doing in this in CS-cart without purchasing such add-on?

Don't you just use the filter option which is already in cscart.

Never tried it but I thought that is what is was used for.

[quote name='mrfoameruk' timestamp='1388913248' post='174545']

Don't you just use the filter option which is already in cscart.

Never tried it but I thought that is what is was used for.

[/quote]

I think it only supports one level. I'm i right?

I have managed to create a filter 'Printer Brand'. How do I go about adding model numbers?

I messed around with it a while ago but it was quite along winded way to do things and I did'nt have the time to explore any more.

Since I wanted to import via csv it became even more complicated so gave up.

I know you want to do it this way but won't it just be simpler to have categories as the brands/type of machine/model number and have the products in there. ie epson/ink jet/styus c5500

It would be just a simple selecting the item they need that way

If there's a $60 (or even a $100) addon that does what you need, why would you spend hours and hours of your time and frustration to do it yourself? I understand where some people have more time than money, but investments tend to pay for themselves over time.