HELP! 50% off sale is showing as 100% off!

I put a 50% off category discount up, & all appears fine except just one product is showing on the live site as 100% off & I can’t figure out why. There are no other discounts active that could affect it.

Catalog Discounts…

I suggest that you disable all promotions immediately.

J.

There are no other discounts other than this one 50% off… so I disabled my 2 promotions & it’s still showing at 100% off, so I’ve made it hidden while I figure this out to avoid any orders. Do you think my site was hacked? Plus it is just the one product out of many - all others are showing correctly at 50% off.

[quote name=‘Brennie369’]There are no other discounts other than this one 50% off… so I disabled my 2 promotions & it’s still showing at 100% off, so I’ve made it hidden while I figure this out to avoid any orders. Do you think my site was hacked? Plus it is just the one product out of many - all others are showing correctly at 50% off.[/quote]

Depends what you did, just to products? check the list price and price to see if the discounts are adding?

I’ve never added list prices to any of our products - just our price. This discount was applied to categories, not products, not global & not users.

The “List Price” of the item is the price at which you are selling it. The “Price” of the item is the “regular” price or “full” price for the item. If the list price is lower than the price it will show a discount.

All list prices are blank. I always thought the price was where we put our price so that’s where I put it. Should I move them to the list price?

[quote name=‘Brennie369’]All list prices are blank. I always thought the price was where we put our price so that’s where I put it. Should I move them to the list price?[/QUOTE]

No. He is incorrect. “List Price” is the MSRP and “Price” is the price you are selling it for on your website.

If you don’t want the site to reflect a discount off the “full” price of the item, then yes, you want to leave the “Price” field blank and put your price in the “List Price” field.

@adodric: If you re-read what I originally posted, you’ll see that what I said was correct in that the List Price is the price the item is being sold for and the Price is the “full” (or as you stated it MSRP) price of the item.

[quote name=‘vqcdesigns’]

@adodric: If you re-read what I originally posted, you’ll see that what I said was correct in that the List Price is the price the item is being sold for and the Price is the “full” (or as you stated it MSRP) price of the item.[/QUOTE]

I re-read it and I read it correctly the first time. Sorry but you are incorrect.The “list price” is the MSRP and the “price” is what you are selling it for. “Price” is what is shown on your website and is what the customer will pay (unless you have a promotion off that price), “list price” is only for showing a MSRP, the price that you are claiming to beat. I do not even use “list price” though.

You have it backwards.

Straight from the user guide:

[QUOTE]

• Price – product price;
  • List price – manufacturer’s suggested retail price (it is used to show that your

price is lower);

[/QUOTE]

Or if you prefer, a screenshot:

[QUOTE]Or if you prefer, a screenshot:[/QUOTE]

Gotta Love It! A picture truly is sometimes worth a thousand words… :wink:

heehee, thanks for help! :smiley: