Heavy server consumption due to slow mysql queries

My hosting company was forced to limit the http access to my hosting account because they noticed that my website has caused a few overloads on the server which they cannot allow. They have reviewed the log files and it seems that the overload was caused because of a huge number of very slow queries my website is executing. I went ahead and performed a log file clean-up through the back-end and that seemed to resolve the issue. But it seems it still continues to consume a great amount of the server resources due to heavy and slow mysql queries. How should I set-up my logs settings? Is this the problem? I am using cs-cart 2.0.7

Hi before I switch to my hybrid server I was on a server like yours and everytime I would generate catalog which took some time they would go nuts cause they said we were overloading something I can not remember what but that was my issue

I don’t think this has to do with any logs. What hosting are you using? If you are using shared hosting it’s probably best to just upgrade to either a vps or dedicated server.

If I recall correctly, this happened in 1.3.x due to the statistics.?

[quote name=‘twin892’]I don’t think this has to do with any logs. What hosting are you using? If you are using shared hosting it’s probably best to just upgrade to either a vps or dedicated server.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am currently using shared hosting. But I have less than 200 products active on the cart. This is a very strange.

[quote name=‘netstriver’]Yes, I am currently using shared hosting. But I have less than 200 products active on the cart. This is a very strange.[/QUOTE]

Nothing strange, I was kicked out by shared hosting even on 135 version. Now I am on vps with no problem…

But that’s not fair!!

I mean, do we really have to purchase a vps paying a loottt more than in a shared host?

It’s just to expensive… I don’t know, but if a small merchant can’t work with a shared hosting plan, who can? :confused:

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]But that’s not fair!!

I mean, do we really have to purchase a vps paying a loottt more than in a shared host?

It’s just to expensive… I don’t know, but if a small merchant can’t work with a shared hosting plan, who can? :confused:[/QUOTE]

If everything is set correctly a small shop should work fine on average shared hosting