Header Tags SEO (CS-Cart Edition) - Add-on

There should be an addon which should enable the user to change all Page Titles (Product page titles, category page titles, manufacturer page titles) at once. To elaborate OsCommerce had such an addon called Header Tags SEO

osCommerce App Shop - Applications, Modules, and Design features

It was brilliant and i had used it. After shifting to CS-Cart i miss this addon as this would allow us to update all tags in a matter of seconds.

Please Vote For This:

http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1747155-have-an-addon-which-enables-us-to-modify-all-page-?ref=title

With this plugin, CS-Cart can elevate its seo functionality whole lot and reduce a lot of manual works for new website owners. SEO is very important! It is what helps brings more traffic from the search engine. No TRAFFIC = NO Money .

Therefore, CS-Cart please focus on an add-on like this. Many users will definitely purchase the professional edition right away if this add-on is in place.

And what heuristics do you use to determine the page title and other meta data?

You can do it for products with a CSV import.

How is the import method automatic? That's my whole point with this plugin.

Whenever you create a product with content, the plugin should automatically fill in the keywords and description for you and do this for the keywords by:

1. Parsing all the words in the article and ordering them by number of times used (you can choose to generate keywords from title, content or both)
  2. Removing the most common words in your language from the list by comparing it against a blacklist
  3. Adding the top words into the keywords section (Limit keywords by length or number)

Meta description by -

Grabbing the first content or excerpt to become description, with an option to use the title - section name first. Limiting the content retrieved to 160 characters. Another option that can be added is to start retrieving initial content from where your most popular keyword starts.

I guess this is how it works, along with additional options that can be added for better customization. ofcourse, they can download plugin and view source code to see how it works.

It already does what it can… For keywords, it uses the product title and for description it uses the text from the short or long description (long is truncated to some length).

A “suggested keywords” addon related to a product would be viable based on the type of algorithm you describe. But developing and maintaining the “blacklist” of words would be an ongoing maintenance nightmare.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1313800816' post='119920']

It already does what it can… For keywords, it uses the product title and for description it uses the text from the short or long description (long is truncated to some length).

A “suggested keywords” addon related to a product would be viable based on the type of algorithm you describe. But developing and maintaining the “blacklist” of words would be an ongoing maintenance nightmare.

[/quote]

Wooah, very simple for keyword. Here is how: Keyword density - Wikipedia

And all you need is a stop word list, which a simple google search:

stopword list - Google Suche

Then Done! Using product title as a keyword is something new too me. First time, I've heard of a software or script that does that. However, I would not recommend it.

I think cs-cart needs to research and develop more on SEO functionality.

[font=“Verdana”]That is an attractive idea for an add-on.

Removing words such as “and, or, a, is, can, be, all, else, isn't, etc,…” would allow for the REAL keywords to be placed in the META tags allowing the pages to be indexed properly.

I'd contribute $10 towards it.

The add-on could simply have a configuration page that allows you to add a comma separated list of “exceptions” so if you wanted to add exceptions, or remove them - it would be a simple task.

It could also come populated with all 1, 2, and 3 letter words often ignored/removed by search engines etc.

+10![/font]