Haveing Issue With The Search Bar, Need Some Help

Im trying to find where I can edit the search bar in the hosting files.

My issue I am having right now is that when some thing is typed in the “search” it brings up like 20 pages of nonsence.

For instance, if “oil filter” is typed in, it brings up everything with oil and filter in it which is fine, but what it is also bringing up is worlds that have “oil” in it. Like “spoiler”.

I need to change this so the search function looks for the actual words.

CS-Cart: version 3.0.3 PROFESSIONAL

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=4]Dear Xtremeindustries,[/size][/font][/color]

Unfortunately in a standard cs-cart functionality there are no such means. But they may be customized and we can do it for you. Please contact us via email. We would be happy to help you.

Dear Xtremeindustries,

We are glad to develop this feature for you.

Here is our portfolio.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in our service.

Best regards, Alt-team.

In the app/functions/fn.catalog.php file you can find the fn_get_products function which is used to search products. It should be modified. For example, we check the condition which searches query string the product name:

$tmp .= db_quote(" OR descr1.product LIKE ?l", "%$piece%");

You should replaced it with:

$tmp .= db_quote(" OR (descr1.product LIKE ?l OR descr1.product LIKE ?l OR descr1.product LIKE ?l)", "% $piece%", "%$piece %", "% $piece %");

The rules for other conditions (search_words, short_description, full_description, meta_keywords) are the same.

If you have any questions please let me know.