Have a product be phone order only?

Is there a way to make a specific product not be able to be purchased online through the standard checkout but just say ‘call us’?

[quote name=‘mattyturner’]Is there a way to make a specific product not be able to be purchased online through the standard checkout but just say ‘call us’?[/quote]

There’s a few ways you could rather easily do this. You can tell cs-cart what to do if a product’s inventory amount is 0 (zero); such as displaying a call us for pricing option. That would probably work for you, as a quick solution. There is also $0 price settings too; that have similar options.

CS-Cart is very good at having the most combination of options possible available to its customers, including abilities to fairly easily code in addons and make even huge changes and improvements possible; as per your websites needs!

admin>product> select your product and in the zero price action dropdown, select “contact us for price”

John

admin>product> select your product and in the zero price action dropdown, select “contact us for price”

Just make sure the price for the item is set to 0.

The only problem with this s that you would have to includ eyour cost for the item in the name or description field .

John

That’s pretty close.

It’s not that we don’t want to list the price, we just want it to be ordered by phone, not line (i’m not exactly sure why - i’m just following orders!)

Edit: I see you noted the price issue - sorry.

[quote name=‘mattyturner’]That’s pretty close.

It’s not that we don’t want to list the price, we just want it to be ordered by phone, not line (i’m not exactly sure why - i’m just following orders!)[/quote]

Right, its not a perfect solution, but just helping you along here.

Also you could remove all payment methods and just set up a telephone payment only option in payments.

John

Globally - or can you adjust payment methods per product?

Either…in a way.

You could just do it globally in the admin/payments for all product

But if you wanted it to apply to just certain products then you would have to assign those product to a group that you would create, and then assign that payment method to that group only.

JOhn

group.PNG

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Also you could remove all payment methods and just set up a telephone payment only option in payments.

John[/quote]

I think he’s only wanting some products to be phone order only, not all.

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Either…in a way.

You could just do it globally in the admin/payments for all product

But if you wanted it to apply to just certain products then you would have to assign those product to a group that you would create, and then assign that payment method to that group only.

JOhn[/quote]

Ah grouped payment options, I hadn’t thought of that, awesome idea!

What do you mean by product groups?

I don’t see anything like this in the admin or a way to assign payment methods to anything.

[quote name=‘mattyturner’]What do you mean by product groups?

I don’t see anything like this in the admin or a way to assign payment methods to anything.[/quote]

Yah, on second thought, I don’t think there is a way to do that type of grouping, as the only groups I see configurable for a payment option in cs-cart, is the user-groups, which I don’t think you could like set this to work properly for how you are wanting, I’d have to toy with it more to truly confirm this though.

Set a user group.

create new or assign the products to that group what u want the nil price for

Assign the payment method to that group… Ithink!!

:smiley:

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Set a user group.

create new or assign the products to that group what u want the nil price for

Assign the payment method to that group… Ithink!!

:D[/quote]

Right, I get that theory, but I think, a user can only have 1 main group they are in, and unless a customer is registered & signed into the site as their account; they’d be in the default user group?

I’m not convinced this would work correctly.