Has any customer complained about cs-cart blowing up their computer?

I just got of the phone and had a customer tell me how my site made their browser start going crazy and the only way to get out of this was to ctrl alt del and start computer again

My sites are filter heavy and becuase of the rubbish jquery it can kill your broweser but I only noticed problems in the Admin, this is my first front end complaint

Anyone else had such a problem?/

Thanks

B

We’ve had a customer who called because his computer didn’t work anymore while he was browsing our website. It had just turned off.

So I though, well, let’s be friendly and I tried to help him out. The damn thing just wouldn’t turn on again. So I asked him to check the power plug to see if it had come loose.

His reply: I can’t really see it that well because the lights went out as well.

True story!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[quote name=‘Flow’]We’ve had a customer who called because his computer didn’t work anymore while he was browsing our website. It had just turned off.

So I though, well, let’s be friendly and I tried to help him out. The damn thing just wouldn’t turn on again. So I asked him to check the power plug to see if it had come loose.

His reply: I can’t really see it that well because the lights went out as well.

True story!

:eek: :eek: :eek:[/QUOTE]

That’s an even more sensational story “CS-Cart shuts lights in house off”…the power of CS-Cart :stuck_out_tongue:

Jackass customers will always make sure you are on your toes. If your customer did have issues, it’s more than likely anti-virus software getting stuck in the ajax routines. I’ve had Norton Antivirus customers have issues with a different website that I manage that stripped ajax from the page thinking it to be infectious. Accordingly the website stopped functioning making the browser enter a loop (frozen).

Could you provide a link to the site causing this problems? it is because it has many filters? Let see. You can PM the link, and we report how it works.

[quote name=‘badmaash’]I just got of the phone and had a customer tell me how my site made their browser start going crazy and the only way to get out of this was to ctrl alt del and start computer again

My sites are filter heavy and becuase of the rubbish jquery it can kill your broweser but I only noticed problems in the Admin, this is my first front end complaint

Anyone else had such a problem?/

Thanks

B[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Jackass customers will always make sure you are on your toes. If your customer did have issues, it’s more than likely anti-virus software getting stuck in the ajax routines. I’ve had Norton Antivirus customers have issues with a different website that I manage that stripped ajax from the page thinking it to be infectious. Accordingly the website stopped functioning making the browser enter a loop (frozen).[/QUOTE]

Is there a fix for this infinte loop problem?

Thansk

[quote name=‘colortone’]Could you provide a link to the site causing this problems? it is because it has many filters? Let see. You can PM the link, and we report how it works.[/quote]

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Is there a fix for this infinte loop problem?

Thansk[/quote]

Get your customer to uninstall Norton Anti-virus…

The store affected required some mod_security modifications that were a little bit above my understanding. That said I haven’t encountered it since.

[quote name=‘Flow’]

I can’t really see it that well because the lights went out as well.

[/QUOTE]

On dear :shock: I could not handle a reply like this, I would go crazy :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]His reply: I can’t really see it that well because the lights went out as well.[/QUOTE]

Hiliarious!

“Hello, Mr. Obvious. Long time listener, first time caller!”

Just one more reason everyone should have a gasoline powered generator under there desk! :slight_smile: