Guidance on upgrading from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12

Hi to you all!

Back in November I setup a CS-Cart for my client( 2.0.8 ). I am hoping that I can fully hand the cart to my client( 2.0.12 ) safe in the knowledge that when she upgrades going forward there will be no issues with styling or changes to its functionality as made back in November. I am particularly nervous at his stage! Obviously I will be backing up databases and files to ensure I can always backtrack from v8 to v12, however I am still nervous with regard to handing the cart 100% to the client and knowing that upgrade will run smoothly. My client is not super technical.

Could anybody advise on the coding changes that I implemented to v2.0.8 below and how I can better implement those changes to ensure they are not overwritten in future upgrades beyond v2.0.12

addons/news_and_email/func.php

Removed red code

Purpose: to remove backslashes that were being added before all links in newsletter

$regex = "/href=([COLOR="Red"]'|\")([/COLOR](?:http|ftp|https):\/\/[\w-\.]+[?]?[-\w:\/?\.\=%&;~\[\]]+)/ie";

and

$replace_regex = "'href=[COLOR="Red"]\[/COLOR]$1$url&link=' . fn_register_link('\$2', $newsletter_id, $campaign_id) . '-' . $newsletter_id . '-' . $campaign_id";

Comment: Am I correct in assuming that this bug has been corrected in upgrade 2.0.9 and so by overwriting there will be no effect?

addons/my_changes/controllers/customer/categories.post.php

Added red code - new file

Purpose: to display subcategories list as a multi column list with images, not a bug just changing styling layout

[COLOR="Red"] if ($mode == 'view') {
$subcat = $view->get_var('subcategories');

$subcat = fn_get_subcategories($_REQUEST['category_id']);
foreach($subcat as $k => $v) {
$subcat[$k]['main_pair'] = fn_get_image_pairs($v['category_id'], 'category', 'M', true, false);
}
$view->assign('subcategories', $subcat);
}
?>[/COLOR]

Comment: Am I correct in assuming that as this file exists in ‘my_changes’ it will not be overwritten providing ‘My Changes’ addon is active in the backend?

core/templater_plugins/modifier.cart_status_format_price.php

Added red code - new file

Purpose: to override the decimal places reflected in the cart status to 0dp, this not a bug just changing how styled

```php [COLOR=“Red”]
/**

• Smarty plugin
  • @package Smarty
  • @subpackage plugins

*/

/**
  • Smarty plugin
  • -------------------------------------------------------------
  • Type: modifier

• Name: price

• Purpose: getting formatted price with grouped thousands and
  •       decimal separators
  • Example: {$price|price:“2”:“.”:“,”}
  • -------------------------------------------------------------

/

function smarty_modifier_cart_status_format_price($price, $currency, $span_id, $class = ‘’, $is_secondary = false)

{

$value = fn_format_rate_value($price, $number_type, $currency[‘’], $currency[‘’], $currency[‘thousands_separator’], $currency[‘coefficient’]);

if (!empty($class)) {

$currency[‘symbol’] = ‘’ . $currency[‘symbol’] . ‘’;

}

if (!empty($span_id) && $is_secondary == true) {

$span_id = ‘sec_’ . $span_id;

}

if (!empty($class) || !empty($span_id)) {

$data = array (

’,

$value,

‘’,

);

} else {

$data = array($value);

}

if ($currency[‘after’] == ‘Y’) {

array_push($data, ’ ’ . $currency[‘symbol’]);

} else {

array_unshift($data, $currency[‘symbol’]);

}

return implode(‘’, $data);

}

/
    vim: set expandtab: */

?>[/COLOR] ```

Comment: Am I right is assuming that as this file is a modifier it will not be overridden by upgrades?

core/fn.common.php

Added/Changed red code

Purpose: to increase the precision of tax and price calculation

return (float)sprintf("%.[COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR]f", round((double) $price + 0.00000000001, 4));

Purpose: to ensure the figure passed from cs-cart to paypal is correctly rounded to 2 digits(second code block)

```php [COLOR=“Red”]/**

• ensure paypal price is rounded to 2 digits

*/

function fn_format_price_paypal($price = 0)

{

return sprintf(“%.2f”, round((double) $price + 0.00000000001, 2));

}

[/COLOR] ```

Comment: Concerned as this file will probably be overwritten with each upgrade, how might I get around this issue? The first code block adjustment was recommended in the KBase which is a tad concerning from an upgrade perspective.

payments/paypal.php

Added/Changed red code

Purpose: to add AU format telephone numbers to ensure the format was passed correctly to Paypal

// Telephone Numbers
$_phone = str_replace(array('-','(',')',' ',[COLOR="Red"]'+'[/COLOR]), '',$order_info['phone']);

if ([COLOR="Red"]([/COLOR]strlen($_phone) == 10[COLOR="Red"]) && ($order_info['b_country'] == ('US'))[/COLOR]) {

} elseif ((strlen($_phone) == 11) && ([COLOR="Red"]$order_info['b_country'][/COLOR] == ('[COLOR="Red"]UK[/COLOR]'))) {

[COLOR="Red"] } elseif ((strlen($_phone) == 12) && ($order_info['b_country'] == ('UK'))) {
$_ph_a = '44';
$_ph_b = substr($_phone, 2);
$_ph_c = '';
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]// AU numbers
} elseif ((strlen($_phone) == 10) && ($order_info['b_country'] == ('AU'))) {
$_ph_a = '61';
$_ph_b = substr($_phone, 1);
$_ph_c = '';
} elseif ((strlen($_phone) == 11) && ($order_info['b_country'] == ('AU'))) {
$_ph_a = '61';
$_ph_b = substr($_phone, 2);
$_ph_c = '';
[/COLOR]

Purpose: to ensure that no shipping value or notes were passed to PayPal to avoid confusion to the payer

[COLOR="Red"]

[/COLOR]

Purpose: to ensure the total cart figure passed from cs-cart to paypal is correctly rounded to 2dp

$v['price'] = fn_format_price_[COLOR="Red"]paypal[/COLOR](($v['subtotal'] - fn_external_discounts($v)) / $v['amount']);

Comments: This file will probably be overwritten by upgrades in the future how can I get around this problem?

skins/

Purpose: I have added a unique skin relevant to the client so the only directories that exist within skins is basic and my customers template.

Comments: Will this be overwritten?

var/skins_repository

Purpose: I deleted removed all skins here except the basic and the customers template as I didnt want the customer to get confused.

Comments: By the looks of upgrades it re-replaces all the skins repository is there a way to avoid this?

I would really love some help to gain confidence so that I can impart that confidence to my client when I finally hand the product to them to administer and keep up with upgrades. Could anybody guide me?