Great Q&A script you should use (free!)

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you in to something that was of great help for us.

A couple of months ago, I installed this script http://www.question2answer.org on my sisters shop.

We put as many questions we could think off in it, with their answer. Result: emails and phonecalls with questions have dropped by 30 - 40%.

Sometimes we get a new question. We simply answer it, give it tags and a category and that’s that. The next person with that same question won’t call or mail us because he / she can look up the answer in our little script.

If we do get an email, we send them a link to the site with the right answer. If the mail is a question we haven’t answered yet, we put it in the Q&A database.

It works also great if you outsource your customer service or have occasional help, because anyone can look up questions in it and give the answer that YOU wrote. If a question does not exist, Customer service can ask the question, and write the correct answer assuming they know this, or you can answer it at a later stage. But you only have to do that one time.

It’s super easy to install, and an added bonus is it’s also fantastic for SEO purposes: you get a database filled with keywords and pretty URLs.

For my own new shop, one that I expect to become a lot bigger soon… I want to hook it up with the CS-cart database so users don’t have to login to both (even though that’s not really necessary: people can read Q&A’s without having to login). I will ask the guys from CS-cart rocks to do this and maybe they can release it as a cheap add-on, because it should be quite simple… there are even instructions: [url]http://www.question2answer.org/single-sign-on.php[/url]

So that’s my tip for the day… any comments / ideas are welcome!

:lol: This script is using by most of the warez site. :P

Glad I found this! Been wanting to integrate Q&A in the product details tab (as our competitor uses them) but stumbled across this thread and testing it out.

[quote name=‘btrials’ timestamp=‘1316711736’ post=‘122122’]

Glad I found this! Been wanting to integrate Q&A in the product details tab (as our competitor uses them) but stumbled across this thread and testing it out.

[/quote]

Glad it was useful for someone, at least! :)

Great find and a good idea to integrate with CS-Cart.

I shall look into integrating this next week, as I expect to launch the new CS-Cart store early next week. If anyone else has some spare time, feel free to start work…

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1304610377' post='111653']

For my own new shop, one that I expect to become a lot bigger soon… I want to hook it up with the CS-cart database so users don't have to login to both (even though that's not really necessary: people can read Q&A's without having to login). I will ask the guys from CS-cart rocks to do this and maybe they can release it as a cheap add-on, because it should be quite simple… there are even instructions: http://www.question2…gle-sign-on.php

So that's my tip for the day… any comments / ideas are welcome!

[/quote]

Did you ever get this setup as an addon? Do you still reccomend its use? I'm considering using it on our sites.

We already have a ticket system we use osTicket but I assume this wouldn't replace it but actually be used

in addition to it? Do you use this whenever a customer wants to contact you now?

I don't have it setup as an add-on, but as a separate install. I don't use it as a ticketing system, but just put in questions in there we get a lot, with their answer. Sometimes we also get questions from customers that we then answer inside this system. This way other people can search through it, resulting in less emails to us.

Could you pm me the url to your Q2A site? I would like to take a look at how its working on your store.