Googlebase and product producing 404

I am running CS-Cart: version 3.0.4 PROFESSIONAL and have started getting this error in googlebase. The url in the feed to google and the url the product are creating are the same. If I visit the page it is a 404. This is now happening to some of my products.

I can view them as admin just fine and they are set to active.

Any help would be great

Without providiing the URL from the 404 I doubt anyone can help you unless they have just experienced/resolved this problem themselves. Maybe the “row” from Google Base that is generating the 404 along with the link you get when you preview in admin?

Tony,

Actually, it is really weird and I can't figure it out either. I think he found it from the Google Base since that is where the error is showing, but it really has nothing to do with Google Base.

If you go to the product in the admin, you can view it. If you click on preview as admin, you can see the product just fine too. But, if you just click on preview, you get a 404 page.

So basically the product is there, it is active, in stock, everything is all good, but yet you can't see it as a regular customer.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1359077659' post='153597']

If you go to the product in the admin, you can view it. If you click on preview as admin, you can see the product just fine too. But, if you just click on preview, you get a 404 page.

[/quote]

I swear that was happening to me a few weeks ago, and I have no idea why but was positive it was something wrong with my setup, admittedly I only tried Preview not preview as admin. Really thankful I wasted a few hours checking, double checking and triple checking settings instead of just pulling the code and database apart to find the cause. I thought I was going mad…glad I ain't the only one!

Hah, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I've actually seen this on one other site. We ended up copying over the product info to a new product and then deleting the original product and making the new product have the same SEO name as the old one.

We could do this here too, I'm sure, but I'd much rather figure out what the heck is going on. I don't think having to redo products every now and again is the best way to go.

Maybe CS-Cart will see this and help us out a bit. You never know, right?

Thanks,

Brandon

So basically the product is there, it is active, in stock, everything is all good, but yet you can't see it as a regular customer.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Sounds like the product status is set to Hidden.

Or you have a bad SEO name. Double check the seo name entry for the product.

sounds like a 5 year old post :mrgreen:

sounds like a 5 year old post :mrgreen:

It is, but earlier today I found the answer to a different problem in a 3 year old post that someone else had recently revived with the answer to the original problem. Might be why old threads don't get deleted.