Google Missing Description Code!

Earlier this month I noticed an issue with the Google Rich Snippets Preview Showing The Wrong Information . Now I just noticed google is missing the description completely (see attached image)!

This was a fresh copy of 4.15, upgraded to 4.2.1 then 4.2.2… In theory, it should be working fine.

:-/

DerbySEO.jpg

Interestly enough, it looks like Facebook can ready the code correctly.

facebook-seo.jpg

According to Google Webmaster Tools, we are also missing our “best or worst rating”.

derbysmack-seo2.jpg

My description in 4.2.2 is full of HTML tags like this:

LOVE IT!

I just created a new product with a clean description, but after I publish the page it goes to crap… :-(

Admin Input-

<br />
<h2>Riedell 265 Boots-</h2><br />
<ul><br />
<li>Hand sorted full grain leather upper</li><br />
<li>Dri-Lex®/Cambrelle® lining</li><br />
<li>Full grain white leather looped backstay</li><br />
<li>DuoLock tongue webbing (helps prevent tongue rotation while skating)</li><br />
<li>Riedell HF-5 heat moldable reinforcement - outside quarter right boot</li><br />
<li>Velcro cinch strap</li><br />
<li>Stitched and cemented rubber outsoles</li><br />
</ul><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2> Probe Plates-</h2><br />
<p><br />
   The Probe plate is a nylon based skating plate. Originally produced more than 20 years ago to provide a lightweight inexpensive option for beginner skaters. This plate is also used in many of our rental skate packages as well as the best entry level derby skate on the market, the Rebel. Comes in a variety of colors.<br />
</p><br />
<ul><br />
<li>Lightweight nylon</li><br />
<li>Cast aluminum trucks</li><br />
<li>Integrated, inverted kingpin</li><br />
<li>5/8 Toe Stops</li><br />
</ul><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2>Fugitive Wheels-</h2><br />
<p><br />
   Poly BD urethane around our most popular core. Core design is important because wheel flex must be kept constant over the entire surface of the wheel, our core design is intended to do just that which is why we use it in many of our performance wheels. Its amazing that for the past 5 years our fugitive wheel has been the best selling wheel in the industry, something to think about when shopping around.<br />
</p><br />
<ul><br />
<li>Grey, Orange 89A</li><br />
<li>Black, Blue 92A</li><br />
<li>Red, Pink 94A</li><br />
<li>Green 96A</li><br />
</ul><br />

```<br />
<br />
Frontend Output-<br />
```php
<br />
<div class="product-main-info long"><br />
<div class="clearfix"><br />
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product"><br />
    <meta itemprop="sku" content="KIT-265-PROBE-FUG" /><br />
    <meta itemprop="name" content="Riedell 265 Probe Fugitive" /><br />
    <meta itemprop="description" content="<h2>Riedell 265 Boots-</h2><br />
<ul><br />
<li>Hand sorted full grain leather upper</li><br />
<li>Dri-Lex®/Cambrelle® lining</li><br />
<li>Full grain white leather looped backstay</li><br />
<li>DuoLock tongue webbing (helps prevent tongue rotation while skating)</li><br />
<li>Riedell HF-5 heat moldable reinforcement - outside quarter right boot</li><br />
<li>Velcro cinch strap</li><br />
<li>Stitched and cemented rubber outsoles</li><br />
</ul><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2> Probe Plates-</h2><br />
<p><br />
  The Probe plate is a nylon based skating plate. Originally produced more than 20 years ago to provide a lightweight inexpensive option for beginner skaters. This plate is also used in many of our rental skate packages as well as the best entry level derby skate on the market, the Rebel. Comes in a variety of colors.<br />
</p><br />
<ul><br />
<li>Lightweight nylon</li><br />
<li>Cast aluminum trucks</li><br />
<li>Integrated, inverted kingpin</li><br />
<li>5/8 Toe Stops</li><br />
</ul><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2> </h2><br />
<h2>Fugitive Wheels-</h2><br />
<p><br />
  Poly BD urethane around our most popular core. Core design is important because wheel flex must be kept constant over the entire surface of the wheel, our core design is intended to do just that which is why we use it in many of our performance wheels. Its amazing that for the past 5 years our fugitive wheel has been the best selling wheel in the industry, something to think about when shopping around.<br />
</p><br />
<ul><br />
<li>Grey, Orange 89A</li><br />
<li>Black, Blue 92A</li><br />
<li>Red, Pink 94A</li><br />
<li>Green 96A</li><br />
</ul>" /><br />

```<p><a href="127.0.0.1/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-13823-0-44323500-1410457378.jpg">input.jpg</a></p><p><a href="127.0.0.1/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-13823-0-48785200-1410457386.jpg">output.jpg</a></p>

Plus, that description should be truncated to 160 characters or so.

Product - Schema.org Type only states that the Product Description is: “A short description of the item.”

I tweaked the heck out Google Rich Snippets in CS-Cart v3 and got really good results. When CS-Cart said they would implement them in with v4.2, I hoped for the best… but knew it would be a token offering and not really be done correctly.

What's included is not right, and it's not even an Addon that I can turn off and do correctly.

Sadly, it was the primary reason I upgraded to 4.2.2.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1410462642' post='192013']

I tweaked the heck out Google Rich Snippets in CS-Cart v3 and got really good results. When CS-Cart said they would implement them in with v4.2, I hoped for the best… but knew it would be a token offering and not really be done correctly.

What's included is not right, and it's not even an Addon that I can turn off and do correctly.

[/quote]

I use the SEO Ultimate addon by CSCart Rocks (used to be called Canonical URL addon–I've been using it a long time). It fixes the 4.2.2 mess.

[attachment=8410:snippets.jpg]

snippets.jpg

Then I guess I'll have to do that…

It's upsetting that CS-Cart will charge me to fix their mess. :-/

Here's the link:

CS-Cart SEO Ultimate: Canonical URL + Google Rich Snippets + SEO Name History + More

Support is top notch.

I just bought it :-)

Looking at the software download, it only supports older versions.

CS-Cart SEO Ultimate: Canonical URL + Google Rich Snippets + SEO.zip

\2.0.x-2.0.15<br />
\2.1.0-2.2.5<br />
CR-LICENSE.TXT

UPDATE: They sent me an updated copy within 5 minutes of email them :-) Awesome service!