Google index log in page

/index.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=index.php%3Fdispatch%3Dproducts.view%26product_id%3D1269

I was looking around in stats to day and noticed Google crawled about 300 pages today, and about 100 of them urls it tried was the above.

That is the url that takes you to the sign in page on my site. Is this normal behaviour or should I be concerned and should perhaps have put a “nofollow” somewhere.

Thnaks

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]/index.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=index.php%3Fdispatch%3Dproducts.view%26product_id%3D1269

I was looking around in stats to day and noticed Google crawled about 300 pages today, and about 100 of them urls it tried was the above.

That is the url that takes you to the sign in page on my site. Is this normal behaviour or should I be concerned and should perhaps have put a “nofollow” somewhere.

Thnaks

John[/quote]

If you have SEO enabled just add this to your ‘robots.txt’ file:

Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=

[quote name=‘indy0077’]If you have SEO enabled just add this to your ‘robots.txt’ file:

Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=[/QUOTE]

I wonder where you heard that from? :wink: It’s actually supposed to be the following if you don’t want all of that index.php crap indexed.

Disallow: /index.php

[quote name=‘The Tool’]I wonder where you heard that from? :wink: It’s actually supposed to be the following if you don’t want all of that index.php crap indexed.

Disallow: /index.php[/quote]

Sorry??? He doesn’t want ‘…auth.login_form’. Ok, then so:

Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=auth.login_form

[quote name=‘The Tool’]I wonder where you heard that from? :wink: It’s actually supposed to be the following if you don’t want all of that index.php crap indexed.

Disallow: /index.php[/quote]

Oh,sorry. Yes, you’re right.

Or you can modify things to use rel=“nofollow” as an anchor tag attribute (which is what they should be). Same with all filters and features. Otherwise you’ll be penalized for duplicate content. A search engine needs to be able to walk the product heirarchy quickly and easily. Having it go through links to non content areas is a penalty.