Google Feed Ftp Error

Hello.

I am trying to upload feed file via FTP, but my domain is on cloudflare and ftp only allowed with IP

like ftp://11.111.11.11 But CS Cart needs domain format. ftp://ftp.mydomain.com:21/folder

Is there workaround to use IP to connect to FTP?

Thanks

In cloudflare DNS section you have to add an @ DNS entry with the word ftp that points to your server’s IP. I assume that you have an ftp server and is working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this solution does not work anymore. If you add A record "ftp" and point to server IP with Cloudflare proxied it just does not work. And if you do the same but DNS only (unproxied) it says IP exposed for other A records (like A domain.com, etc)

Ftp server works perfectly but only with IP as host.

Hello!

You can simply specify the IP address of the server in the FTP server field, there is no requirement in specifying the domain name of the server.

Please check it.

Hello CS Cart team,

Thanks for your feedback.

I was trying to use IP format in FTP fields but it gives connection error.

Note: we can access to ftp with FILEZILLA using the following IP format without any issues. It leads to ftp folder assigned to the user automatically (no need to specify folder path).

We are using the following:

Encryption: Only plain FTP
host: 00.000.000.00
user: *****
password: ******
Your FTP feed addon is asking for the following format: ftp.yourhost.com:21/home/username/folder
https://prnt.sc/9K_qm5Tv84Hb
Can you please advise what should be used in FTP server field in this case?
Thanks again!

So what is the point to use direct IP (that means you are exposing your server’s IP ) than make an A point at cloudflare that you will again expose your IP?
The meaning of cloudflare is that from the moment you are using them, in case that you don’t want your IP to be exposed, you should not use your server’s IP anywhere. Because if someone have your server’s IP can access it directly. If you just want to use the ftp to communicate with Google sheets for example then it’s perfect fine to expose your IP. just don’t share it with others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello CS Cart team,

Thanks for your feedback.

I was trying to use IP format in FTP fields but it gives connection error.

Note: we can access to ftp with FILEZILLA using the following IP format without any issues. It leads to ftp folder assigned to the user automatically (no need to specify folder path).

We are using the following:

Encryption: Only plain FTP
host: 00.000.000.00
user: *****
password: ******
Your FTP feed addon is asking for the following format: ftp.yourhost.com:21/home/username/folder
Can you please advise what should be used in FTP server field in this case?
Thanks again!

Hi!

The folder's path is optional, you can skip this part if for your FTP it is not applicable.

Hi!

The folder's path is optional, you can skip this part if for your FTP it is not applicable.

Hello,

I input as follows into FTP server field:

ftp://00.000.00.000

(with real IP of course), username and pw are correct. But it keeps saying, Can not connect to FTP server.

I checked by opening same link in Internet explorer and it works perfect.

Any suggestions what can be wrong?

Thanks.

So what is the point to use direct IP (that means you are exposing your server’s IP ) than make an A point at cloudflare that you will again expose your IP? The meaning of cloudflare is that from the moment you are using them, in case that you don’t want your IP to be exposed, you should not use your server’s IP anywhere. Because if someone have your server’s IP can access it directly. If you just want to use the ftp to communicate with Google sheets for example then it’s perfect fine to expose your IP. just don’t share it with others Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are not able to use ftp with domain if you are on Cloudflare, it is the only point. The only way to connect to FTP if you are on Cloudflare is via IP. And FTP via IP is needed just to cron upload Google feeds (it is not exposed anywhere else). The issue is that CS CART does not connect to FTP this way for some reason.

Hello,

I input as follows into FTP server field:

ftp://00.000.00.000

(with real IP of course), username and pw are correct. But it keeps saying, Can not connect to FTP server.

I checked by opening same link in Internet explorer and it works perfect.

Any suggestions what can be wrong?

Thanks.

In case you still face this issue, you can contact us via Help Desk so that we may check it in your installation directly. Also you can try to remove all the '@' symbols from this code:

$conn_id = @ftp_connect($host, $port);
                    $result = @ftp_login($conn_id, $datafeed_data['ftp_user'], $datafeed_data['ftp_pass']);
                    if (!empty($url)) {
                        @ftp_chdir($conn_id, $url);
                    }
                $filename = fn_get_files_dir_path() . $datafeed_data['file_name'];

if ($result) {
                    if (@ftp_put($conn_id, $datafeed_data['file_name'], $filename, FTP_ASCII)) {
                        unlink($filename);
                    } else {
                        $errors = true;

fn_set_notification(NotificationSeverity::ERROR, __('error'), __('ftp_connection_problem'));
                    }
                } else {
                    $errors = true;

fn_set_notification(NotificationSeverity::ERROR, __('error'), __('ftp_connection_problem'));
                }

@ftp_close($conn_id);

in the app/addons/data_feeds/func.php file and check the error_log log of your server after trying to export to FTP once again.

Hope it will help you.