Google Export?

I am trying to export our products to Google Datafeeds. But a lot of the Google required fields are blank for our products. Does one have to manually go in and fill in these fields before they can export to Google? We have hundreds of products :(

Also, what is GTIN and MPN and where do I get these numbers from. By the way, we are selling suntan lotion products if that helps in your response.

Any help would be appreciated. I am not familiar with this Google Datafeed.

I was looking at https://support.goog…r/1344057?hl=en and it appears a lot of fields are required. Creating the feed seems easy, but a lot of those required fields have empty data in our cart.

Thanks,

David

Google export features

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Availability:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Brand:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Condition:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Google product category (US):[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]GTIN:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]MPN:[/font][/color]

It's actually pretty easy to do. I have now got half a dozen stores running Google PLA. I've recently set it up for a store with over 6000 products with Brand being the only product filter used (sparsely at that), so you can definitely cut corners using product exports/imports and/or SQL.

MPN is the Manufacturers Part Number. If you don't already have these, cannot obtain them or they do not exist, you'll have to just make them up.

Google has changed the goal posts since the CS-Cart Google Export was introduced, much so that even filling in the the 'Google export features' will still not suffice to get your feed accepted by Google. Especially not now that the feed is manually reviewed before publishing via Product Listing Ads.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you require some consular assistance with setting it up.

Thanks,

What is GTIN, is this another made-up number?

Did you find it easier to export from cs-cart into Excel and fill-in the missing data in Excel?

Also, what did you use for shipping? The cost is so dependent on location.

I use this addon from tbirnseth:

http://www.ez-ms.com/xml-data-feeds.html

Once you have it set up it's pretty much set and forget. He helped me get it running when I first purchased it for my V2 store, and then again when I upgraded to V3.

I saw that, but to be honest it didn't look like it did anything different than the datafeeds already does.

Does it help fill in the missing data fields required for Google. That is what I am hung up on now.

I mostly just know it works and I don’t have to worry about it any more. :-)

Here’s a screenshot of the setup page.

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 8.31.52 PM.png

The problem is I do not have any of those features already filled out for my hundreds of products.

Most of these are blank in the datafeed:

[size=4]UPC, MPN, Condition, Google Category, etc.[/size]

Did you have to manually go in an add this data to all your products?

MPN is just being pulled from the product code in the database.

I already had ISBN and Format set up as features (I sell books and a few DVDs).

I don't have a Manufacturer set up, so not sure how that's even working. But it is.

Great news, I exported one product (just to keep it simple) using the datafeed and was successful in importing it into Google.

These are the fields I used:

id title link description condition price availability image_link brand mpn

I set mpn to be the same as id (just to temporarily satisfy google)

I set brand to be the products Category

Unfortunately I did not have Condition and Availability filled out for my products, but I can globally fix this with a SQL command.

It was actually quite simple once I figured out what fields are required and what they mean, Cs-cart has this functionality built in (see http://kb.cs-cart.co…ta-to-Google-mc)[size=4], I do not see the need to purchase an addon (unless someone can explain what added features it offers).[/size]

I will experiment with the google optional fields next.

Thanks for all the help,

David

Shipping costs are probably the trickiest part to get right.

Do you use flat rate? Ship by weight? Different costs for different locations? If you use flat rates, just create a product filter using the rate name and currency as prefix/suffix and select the relevant price option as the filter for each product.

I duplicated my shipping and tax tables in the Google Merchant settings. This way I didn't have to worry about them in the datafeed. Do you see any problems with this approach (other than maintaining two sets of tables)?

Nope, there's no problem there, I just use the CS-Cart datafeed as most other services which require data feeds (eg. price comparison networks) accept the Google format so I don't have to create multiple feeds.

Note that in the majority of cases, customers will search for “Nike Air Max”, not “123456789” where '123456789' is the MPN. Manufacturer/Brand is a far more relevant search phrase in most cases with the exception of parts sites (eg. automotive sites where part numbers are generally globally unique). Ideally, publish relevant data in every field possible.