Google Data Feed Customization Question

Hi,

Does anyone know of which file and how to edit the file to have the Google Data Feed Description Field automatically include the Product Title instead of the Product Description as I have a lot of items that don't have descriptions?

I tried to link the Google description field type with the title field name but it still shows up empty when exporting the data feed.

Thanks.

[quote name='hobbies4life' timestamp='1412961889' post='193895']

Does anyone know of which file and how to edit the file to have the Google Data Feed Description Field automatically include the Product Title instead of the Product Description as I have a lot of items that don't have descriptions?

I tried to link the Google description field type with the title field name but it still shows up empty when exporting the data feed.

[/quote]

Please try to edit the following file:

app/addons/google_export/schemas/exim/products.post.php

and replace:

$schema['export_fields']['Google description'] = array (
'table' => 'product_descriptions',
'db_field' => 'full_description',
'multilang' => true,
'process_get' => array ('fn_exim_google_export_format_description', '#this'),
'export_only' => true,
);

with:

$schema['export_fields']['Google description'] = array (
'table' => 'product_descriptions',
'db_field' => 'product',
'multilang' => true,
'process_get' => array ('fn_exim_google_export_format_description', '#this'),
'export_only' => true,
);

Then clear the cache and check the result

Does anyone have any idea how to exclude a category or specific products from the data feed?

I have some services and small products that don't have images. And others I don't care about. Google is going to bounce my feed because they don't meet their requirements.

The cs-cart interface can have you add categories/products, but not exclude them; which is maddening. Trying to add all the categories and remove the few I don't need is a mess, as I have a lot of categories and 1700 products or so.

TIA,

Jack