Google base upload issue v.2.0.15

Just found that I’m unable to upload the products file to google base through admin panel. All parameters are OK, but after “exporting data … copying file” I’m getting “Error! File transfer failed…” red pop up messages. Anyone experience the same?!

P.S. In previous versions the uploads worked fine. Now the only way to upload file to google base is to manualy download exported .txt products file from admin panel and then to upload the same file through google base admin panel.

In Admin settings, double check the google host is ftp://uploads.google.com

Also, double check permissions of the folder your google base file is written to and make sure the file is actually being created. Should be public_html/var/exim

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]In Admin settings, double check the google host is ftp://uploads.google.com

Also, double check permissions of the folder your google base file is written to and make sure the file is actually being created. Should be public_html/var/exim[/QUOTE]

Triple checked and it seems that everything is in place but it still doesn’t work.

1. the google host is: uploads.google.com
  2. google login and password are correct.
  3. the permissions of the folder public_html/var/exim is 755, the permissions of the products .txt file is 644. i tried to change permissions eg. from 755 to 777, but there is no difference, the issue still appears.
  4. the products .txt file is created and correctly formated - I’m using the same file to manually upload it through google base admin.

:confused:

Have you tried uploading the file manually via google base?

Try ruling that out

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]Have you tried uploading the file manually via google base?

Try ruling that out[/QUOTE]

Yes I have. For now, that’s the only way to upload it. In short: I’m unable to upload it through CS Cart admin panel - using the cart export products/google base upload function. The only way is to save exported file locally and then to upload it manually via google base admin.

In my settings I have the host as ftp://uploads.google.com

You mentioned yours but it didn’t have the ftp:// … might not be an issue but have you tried that?

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]In my settings I have the host as ftp://uploads.google.com

You mentioned yours but it didn’t have the ftp:// … might not be an issue but have you tried that?[/QUOTE]

There is no difference. With or without ftp://, the same issue appears. No solution yet.

your problem is not on CS-cart side.

If you want directly upload to google base, you need to setup a google FTP account with google; otherwise you will always get “Error! File transfer failed…” when you submit export action…

[quote name=‘MINISTAR4U’]your problem is not on CS-cart side.

If you want directly upload to google base, you need to setup a google FTP account with google; otherwise you will always get “Error! File transfer failed…” when you submit export action…[/QUOTE]

As I already mentioned, I’m not new to google base and, as I can recall, in previous CS Cart versions (from 1.3.5 to 2.xx) the direct uploads worked fine. So, a google base FTP settings are correct and all in place on both sides - in google base/merchant center admin as well as in CS Cart admin. But, for some reason, this feature - direct upload - still doesn’t work.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with google base service, because it keep saying No items inserted?

Are you inserting them in .txt format?

[quote name=‘heyheyhey’]Are you inserting them in .txt format?[/QUOTE]

I used the TAB to export it and now my status is(0 of 1829)

I don’t know what to do.

[quote name=‘tom437’]Does anyone know if there is a problem with google base service, because it keep saying No items inserted?[/QUOTE]

That’s a problem with the cart export function. Check in the exported file if there is the price column filled with 0 (zero).

[quote name=‘nedd’]That’s a problem with the cart export function. Check in the exported file if there is the price column filled with 0 (zero).[/QUOTE]

Hey Nedd,

Thank you for your help, its working now.:grin:

I’m having issues with Google Base and 1.3.5. I export as a .txt file, and CS-Cart says everything was successful. When I check my Google account, the data feed file isn’t even listed. My FTP settings are correct, and I can manually upload the .txt file with no trouble. My exported file does NOT have a price column filled with zero. Var and exim directories have 777 permissions, while the .txt file has 666.

CS-Cart support told me to contact Google.

Any ideas on fixing this?

All related I think!

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2067[/url]