Google base products

Hello,

I got a e-mail for google, here is the message below

How do I set it up on my products?

any help please.

Thank you for participating in Google Product Search. We are reaching out to you to inform you about important changes we’re making to our Product Search attribute requirements for unique identifiers and tax and shipping information.

Starting May 3rd, 2011, we’ll require your product listings to include at least two of the three unique identifiers (Brand, MPN, GTIN). In order to provide as much information as possible to our users, we need your help in matching your products to our “product pages”, where users are able to view useful data such as product specifications or reviews. While these attributes will not be required for your data feed to process correctly, they may prevent your items from appearing in Product Search results if not included. For more details, including what specific identifiers you should include for each category of item, please see our Help Center at [url]http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160161[/url]

We have manually created “features” to be able to start building these in hopes to be able to export them. Right now we can not do much because when you export products the field looks like this…

[QUOTE]{6}Manufacturer: E[CHH Games]; {1}UPC: T[704551024224]

[/QUOTE]

The other problem is it would not be included in the Google upload.

I know many people use the UPC code for their product code. The problem here is Google is wanting the “manufacturer’s part number” along with the UPC code. We’ve also created a “feature” that list who the manufacturer is. Originally we were using the “supplier” function for all of our manufacturer, but then it wants to ship from each one of those. So we were trying to make a workaround and did it in “features”. The problem still at that point is there doesn’t seem to be a way to get it to Google (or whomever).

[quote name=‘clips’]We have manually created “features” to be able to start building these in hopes to be able to export them. Right now we can not do much because when you export products the field looks like this…

The other problem is it would not be included in the Google upload.

I know many people use the UPC code for their product code. The problem here is Google is wanting the “manufacturer’s part number” along with the UPC code. We’ve also created a “feature” that list who the manufacturer is. Originally we were using the “supplier” function for all of our manufacturer, but then it wants to ship from each one of those. So we were trying to make a workaround and did it in “features”. The problem still at that point is there doesn’t seem to be a way to get it to Google (or whomever).[/QUOTE]

So what now? what are we all going to do about this? google wants us to have upc or our items will not display.

[quote]

The problem still at that point is there doesn’t seem to be a way to get it to Google (or whomever).

[/quote]

Um, my XML Datafeeds addon will do it all perfectly… :slight_smile: Couldn’t resist!

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Um, my XML Datafeeds addon will do it all perfectly… :slight_smile: Couldn’t resist![/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, I didn’t think about that.

Also, this is a perfect place to mention it. Especially when it solves a problem. Hopefully CS will have a fix for the default soon too, but your mod will solve until then.

[quote name=‘clips’]Hopefully CS will have a fix for the default soon too, but your mod will solve until then.[/QUOTE]

I’ve posted the mod to include Brand/Manufacturer months ago. Should be in Hints forum.

Using the Google base export has many features that the data feed addon does not do. :smiley: Couldn’t resist either. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘The Tool’]I’ve posted the mod to include Brand/Manufacturer months ago. Should be in Hints forum.

Using the Google base export has many features that the data feed addon does not do. :smiley: Couldn’t resist either. :p[/QUOTE]

So I am guessing that CS-Cart was waiting for Google to change and then “break” the functions? From what I can understand it sounds like we won’t be able to use the default CS export at all. It doesn’t sound like it will be optional, but required.

On the Google base export from EZ, which parts will it not do or will it not work for an export. I have not tried the mod Tony myself. Tony, you may be able to clarify any limitations too.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]I’ve posted the mod to include Brand/Manufacturer months ago. Should be in Hints forum.

Using the Google base export has many features that the data feed addon does not do. :smiley: Couldn’t resist either. :p[/QUOTE]

I can’t fine that posted, can you fine it on post the link?

Thank you

Tom

[quote]

Using the Google base export has many features that the data feed addon does not do

[quote]

Please elaborate. Every field in Google RSS is supported by the XML Data Feeds addon. So curious about what the CSV version does that the XML version doesn’t.