Goodbye Microsoft

Google Chrome OS + OpenOffice = Goodbye Microsoft

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/08/google.chrome.os/index.html[/url]

LOL, Sorry Sno, I am just in the mood to create some controversy here!

The only thing GOOOOOOOGLE is good at is flippin searching! :wink:

There attempt to get into payment processing “Google Checkout” is a bubblegum process at best and even by giving the service away, they still didn’t even put a dent into PayPal’s business!

[QUOTE]Google’s browser initiative, Chrome, has been a fun little science project, but as a product it has been a flop," Blodget writes.

“The same can be said for almost all of Google’s non-search products. If Google wants to have a chance at success in this business, it needs to focus on it with the same intensity it once put into search. This will be challenging for Google, which, for the last several years, has had the luxury of dabbling in whatever it pleases.”[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Google Chrome OS + OpenOffice = Goodbye Microsoft

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/08/google.chrome.os/index.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Whats next? Cybertron is going to rule the world? :slight_smile:

Thats why I am a fan of FireFox :slight_smile:

… and yes, I am running Open Office

[quote name=‘Struck’]LOL, Sorry Sno, I am just in the mood to create some controversy here!

The only thing GOOOOOOOGLE is good at is flippin searching! :wink:

There attempt to get into payment processing “Google Checkout” is a bubblegum process at best and even by giving the service away, they still didn’t even put a dent into PayPal’s business![/QUOTE]

You kidding? Setting up Google checkout was super easy, my regular merchant gateway required a credit app that was a mile long.

I love Google maps and is there anyone here who doesn’t use Gmail?

I am also very impressed with what I have seen in the product that is google wave.

Hello,

Will Microsoft be afraid of Linux and its 1% market share?

[url]September | 2009 | Ars Technica

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello,

Will Microsoft be afraid of Linux and its 1% market share?

[url]September | 2009 | Ars Technica

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

Not afraid, they just have to much money, and can just throw it at marketing.

[QUOTE]Will Microsoft be afraid of Linux and its 1% market share?[/QUOTE]

And, they are smart to attempt to keep them down at that level now rather than reacting after it is too late!

[QUOTE]You kidding? Setting up Google checkout was super easy, my regular merchant gateway required a credit app that was a mile long.[/QUOTE]

Hi Sushibar. No, I was totally serious! But, you know that Google checkout is not really an alternative to a real merchant account, it’s purpose was to capture marketshare from Paypal, of which they failed miserably even after giving the product away. Then they had the stupid 3 second limitation on retrieving realtime shipping rates from your store before using a “default shipping charge” of which is another stupid idea! :slight_smile: So, after continually getting screwed on shipping costs and after the Free google checkout promotion…it was time for us to say bye bye to google checkout. :wink:

Chrome beats FF…amazed at how fast Chrome is, though some apps I use FF, I’m convinced Chrome is the new deal.

[quote name=‘btrials’]Chrome beats FF…amazed at how fast Chrome is, though some apps I use FF, I’m convinced Chrome is the new deal.[/QUOTE]

Chrome displays some webs worse then FF, I prefer FF + AdBlock plus

Hello btrials,

[quote name=‘btrials’]Chrome beats FF…amazed at how fast Chrome is, though some apps I use FF, I’m convinced Chrome is the new deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s amazing… But it’s unavailable for Linux yet.

To explain its speed, I think Chrome uses thousands of Google cache servers…

Don’t you?

Lee Li Pop