The current gift registry has two fatal features lacking.
PLEASE let me know if anyone has got past this or if CS Cart plans on updating.
- When a registry owner wants to create a registry, he cant browse the site as a user and add the items he likes to a registry. A simple " add to registry" button should exist next to add to cart if user is in that mode.
- When a user checks out, they should have an option " Ship to X Name (owner of registry)"
Has anyone else noticed this ?? Any work around ?
Yes - great feature… I requested this already 2 years ago…
Find it on user voice and vote for it…
If not there - create one, I will vote for this any day as I operate a site with a gift registry.
There are a quite a few features missing with regards to gift registry
- email registry owner when gift is bought. Email notification is triggered.
- Advise registry owner if item goes out of stock - let registry owner replace product in registry with a new one.
- Add to registry button
- Marketing and advertising your registry with a email list or social media (closed FB page)
- As you said, when user is browsing, allow them to create registry from product listing pages even as guest and then force to register user and create registry on registration.
I feel that the Gift Registry is a completely separate mod and is not fully integrated into the site's other features or communication ability.
There are also a number small UI enhancements to be made to the registry pages…