Gift Certificates to mail

Hi,

Just implemented Gift Certificates with v2.2.2 PRO and got our first order. The customer selected to have the certificate mailed not email. When I click on the links to view or preview the certificate all I get is a blank screen. If I put an email address in the certificate as if I was going to email it then I get an html page with the certificate, my logo, the customer message… everything I would expect.

I can't find anything in the knowledge base or in the forum that talks about this so I am wondering if I am supposed to see something for a certificate that is going to be mailed?

Any other gift certificate users out there that set me straight?

Thanks,

Henry

We are unable to print a gift certificate in version 2.2.2 Pro either. When you click on “preview” it just pops open a blank screen. Here is a short vid…

http://screencast.com/t/H0jHUHov

Any ideas? Are we doing something wrong? Is there a bug here?

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1315500416' post='121264']

We are unable to print a gift certificate in version 2.2.2 Pro either. When you click on “preview” it just pops open a blank screen. Here is a short vid…

http://screencast.com/t/H0jHUHov

Any ideas? Are we doing something wrong? Is there a bug here?

[/quote]

Did anybody ever find a fix for this? I am setting up a cart for somebody and am having the same problem of a blank screen when trying to preview the certificate - using the current version.

Same trouble here. just a blank page, can't print the certificate so can't send it by mail

What does your PHP error_log file say? Normally, when you get a blank page, there is a PHP error that prevented the page from actually being generated. The error_log file will point you in the right direction.

Or, you can just post the issue to the bugtracker.

We are currently using version 2.2.3 and I just used the gift certificate mod on Friday and it works fine now. So my guess is you may need to upgrade, but I'm not for sure if it still works in 2.2.4 or not. I won't be upgrading to that version on most of my main sites until after Christmas.

Same, upgraded to 2.2.3 and fixed the blank gift certificate problem :)