Gift Certificate issues

When a customer uses a gift certificate and the order is declined or if they go back after selecting paypal to choose a different payment method, they are unable to re-apply their GC. Cs cart deducts the order amount from the certificates available funds but the GC does not stay applied to their order. I've checked in the order status admin and changed the setting under “Change gift certificate status to” Active, but it still does not refill the certificate if the order is declined. Is this standard CS-cart behavior?

Hello idslamyou,

Thank you for your message.

It seems that the issue occurs because of a well-known bug in the current CS-Cart version. Unfortunately, the fix is not ready yet. So I suggest that you should contact us via Customer Help Desk so that our technical support engineer could keep you informed about the status of this bug and provide you with a fix when it is ready.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Of course it happens to be a bug, but instead of fixing the bugs and flaws of the software, you choose to redesign and make the software more “modern” and “fresh”. So frustrated!

Hello idslamyou,

Thank you for the reply.

I want to assure you that fixing bugs is one of our high-priority tasks. So we will do our best to fix this bug in a short period of time. I do sincerely apologize if this situation has caused any inconvenience.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team