getting rid of "Cardholder's Name" field from payment method

During checkout I don’t want customers to have to enter their name again in the payment step. I can’t find the place that will allow me to modify these fields.

Not sure this is a good idea just due to the fact that someone may use a spouse’s card or business card which does have a different name on it than the customer’s name. Also, might not be good as far as watching out for fraud.

Just my thoughts…

Regards,

Stephanie

CS-Cart 2.0.8 - In development

Current cart on King-Cart: www.Products4Pets.com

I have had a store for 9+ years and never had this field. They can enter anything into that field and it wouldn’t matter. I have no ability to see if the name they enter is accurate. The only thing that matters is the card number, expiration date, and CVV code which are all verified on the fly. I run a downloads store and they get immediate access if that all checks out. I have had a few incidents of fraud over the years and in none of those would it make any difference what the cardholder’s name is. In fact, in nearly every case the fraudster used the contact information of the person they stole the card number from, so they’d naturally just enter that person’s name as the cardholder too.

So anyway, I’m just curious where to find this. I have tried poking around a bit and haven’t been successful. I was hoping someone with more experience could point me in the right direction. :slight_smile:

Sorry - didn’t mean to offend you with your experience and my inexperience even though I’ve had an online store for 6 years.

Hope someone else with more experience can help you out. Good luck.

[quote name=‘scase’]Sorry - didn’t mean to offend you with your experience and my inexperience even though I’ve had an online store for 6 years.

Hope someone else with more experience can help you out. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Oh, please don’t jump to conclusions! I didn’t mean to imply you don’t have experience. :slight_smile:

I was just reiterating my question in hopes that someone who is more experienced with cs-cart than me could point me in the right direction.

And for the record the only reason I referred to having a store so long myself was to emphasize that I have never had a use for the field EVER in that many years and don’t forsee a need. (I wasn’t trying to brag.)

I don’t know if this is the appropriate place to fix it, but I found a solution in case anyone else is in my shoes…

In views/orders/components/payments/cc.tpl I found the code for the cardholder’s name label/field:

And changed the text in red to [COLOR=“Red”]hidden[/COLOR].