Get Rid Of News:: Suffix On News Page Title

Hi,

Anyone has an idea how to get rid of the “News::” suffix in the news page titles?

I know I can delete the word “News” from the translations section but the “::” symbols are still there.

Also on google a news item just comes up with the news title and the default cs-cart meta-description instead of a part of the actual news page content. Is there a way to make google pick up content from the actual news page?

If you need complete control of news meta data, you might check out this addon: CS-Cart SEO Ultimate: Canonical URL + Google Rich Snippets + SEO Name History + More

It allows custom meta title, meta keywords and meta description for news page.

[quote name='harriswho' timestamp='1411471762' post='192720']

Hi,

Anyone has an idea how to get rid of the “News::” suffix in the news page titles?

I know I can delete the word “News” from the translations section but the “::” symbols are still there.

Also on google a news item just comes up with the news title and the default cs-cart meta-description instead of a part of the actual news page content. Is there a way to make google pick up content from the actual news page?

[/quote]

If the page title of any object (news, category or product) is empty, the system generates title from breadcrumbs. The code is located in thedesign/themes/THEME/templates/index.tpl file:

{foreach from=$breadcrumbs item=i name="bkt"}
{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.first}{$i.title|strip_tags}{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last} :: {/if}{/if}
{/foreach}

Hope this will help

Thanks for the info. I have now managed to replace the “News” title but what about my second question concerning Google results for news items?