Get Maximum out of 4.3.1: The Best Server Configuration

guy… (rafas) why do you use gifs? they are large (MB)

[quote name='pbannette']

Are there better choices for someone on shared hosting could use?

Thanks,

Bob

[/quote]

If your host supports it. Sqlite will gave better speed than file

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1431527264' post='214275']

guy… (rafas) why do you use gifs? they are large (MB)

[/quote]

I think he is referring to the animation.

Shared hosing is possible but you'll need to work hard to configure the site and the images.

1. First thing you need to do is uninstall all addons that are not esential.

2.Then reduce the items on a page to the minimum esential.
  2. Steer well clear of filters altogether.
  3. Reduce the sorting and remove things like compare if you don't need them.
  4. Don't use category header images if you don't need them.
  5. Run all image though an optimisation script that reduced the colours to the minimum and removes comments and meta data within the file while reducing the size of the image to your maximum image size you will use on your site.
  6. Using those setting for image means you can set cs-cart opt setting to 100% and so leave you a little room to improve further if needed.

Also think about using Amazon cloudfront for your images, that makes a big difference.

[quote name=‘kickoff3pm’ timestamp=‘1431595783’ post=‘214344’]

Shared hosing is possible but you’ll need to work hard to configure the site and the images.

2. Steer well clear of filters altogether.
  3. Reduce the sorting and remove things like compare if you don’t need them.
  4. Don’t use category header images if you don’t need them.
  5. Run all image though an optimisation script that reduced the colours to the minimum and removes comments and meta data within the file while reducing the size of the image to your maximum image size you will use on your site.
  6. Using those setting for image means you can set cs-cart opt setting to 100% and so leave you a little room to improve further if needed.

Also think about using Amazon cloudfront for your images, that makes a big difference.

[/quote]

I have only this addons:

Few. only 9

3. Steer well clear of filters altogether.

There are not filters

4. Reduce the sorting and remove things like compare if you don’t need them.

nothing of that are running there.

5. Don’t use category header images if you don’t need them.

nothing. wow…

6. Run all image though an optimisation script that reduced the colours to the minimum and removes comments and meta data within the file while reducing the size of the image to your maximum image size you will use on your site.

All images are optimised.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]7. Using those setting for image means you can set cs-cart opt setting to 100% and so leave you a little room to improve further if needed.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Done. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Also think about using Amazon cloudfront for your images, that makes a big difference. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Cloudfront are running correctly.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]–[/font][/color]

I’m not in a shared hosting, I’m in a good SSD VPS, but I can not install redis and acp there. I have other websites running in the hosting. all is working perfect.

judge for yourself the performance. I am willing to change anything if necessary.

Thanks!

Rafass, Give the url to your site and I'll take a look later.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1430405104' post='213082']

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Hi guys,

Here I would like to write some tips that will make your CS-Cart 4.3.1 really fast. We use this configuration on our demo server: demo.cs-cart.com

Here is what you should do:

1. use the PHP version 5.6 (this one is the fastest, so if you have an ability to update to 5.6 do it. PHP 5.6 increases the performance)

2. use OPcache (it caches the compiled PHP code into the memory. it will be used automatically if it is installed and enabled)

3. i[/font]nstall mod_deflate on your server (this is the apache mod that compresses the html/css/js files during data transmission)

[font=arial, sans-serif] 4. install Imagick - this is PHP library, similar to GD, which resizes images (Imagick will compress resized images)

if you have installed imagick, replace 'gd' with 'imagick' in config.local.php

'image_resize_lib' => 'imagick'

5. use APCu for cache, and redis for sessions. The config.local.php file should have the following lines:

$config['cache_backend'] = 'apc';
$config['session_backend'] = 'redis';

Hope this will help. Please share other tricks here if you have any.

P.S. We use Apache as a web-server.[/font][/size]

[/quote]

hello imac,

acording to :

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdemo.cs-cart.com%2F

there are 6 rules setted up for the demo page of cs cart.

Can You please copy us the config info settings here ?

Thank you in advance.

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1431818711' post='214621']

hello imac,

acording to :

https://developers.g…cs-cart.com%2F

there are 6 rules setted up for the demo page of cs cart.

Can You please copy us the config info settings here ?

Thank you in advance.

[/quote]

demeldoo, what do you mean under “config info settings”? config.local.php or something else?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1431937270' post='214687']

demeldoo, what do you mean under “config info settings”? config.local.php or something else?

[/quote]

yes i belive the setting are the in config.local

regards

imagick… crfs… gzip

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1431938856' post='214698']

yes i belive the setting are the in config.local

regards

imagick… crfs… gzip

[/quote]

Here you go:

// Tweaks
$config['tweaks'] = array (
// Whether to remove any javascript code from description and name of product, category, etc.
// Auto - false for ULT, true for MVE.
'sanitize_user_html' => 'auto',
'anti_csrf' => true, // protect forms from CSRF attacks
'disable_block_cache' => false, // used to disable block cache
'disable_localizations' => true, // Disable Localizations functionality
'disable_dhtml' => false, // Disable Ajax-based pagination and Ajax-based "Add to cart" button
'dev_js' => false, // set to true to disable js files compilation
'redirect_to_cart' => false, // Redirect customer to the cart contents page. Used with the "disable_dhtml" setting.
'api_https_only' => false, // Allows the use the API functionality only by the HTTPS protocol
'api_allow_customer' => false, // Allow open API for unauthorized customers
'lazy_thumbnails' => false, // generate image thumbnails on the fly
'image_resize_lib' => 'imagick', // library to resize images - gd or imagick,
'products_found_rows_no_cache_limit' => 100, // Max count of SQL found rows without saving to cache
);
// Key for sensitive data encryption
$config['crypt_key'] = 'YOURVERYSECRETCEY';
// Cache backend
// Available backends: file, sqlite, database, redis, xcache, apc
// To use sqlite cache the "sqlite3" PHP module should be installed
// To use xcache cache the "xcache" PHP module should be installed
// To use apc cache the "apc" PHP module should be installed
$config['cache_backend'] = 'apc';
$config['cache_redis_server'] = 'localhost';
$config['cache_redis_global_ttl'] = 0; // set this if your cache size reaches Redis server memory size
// Storage backend for sessions. Available backends: database, redis
$config['session_backend'] = 'redis';
$config['session_redis_server'] = 'localhost';
$config['cache_apc_global_ttl'] = 0;
$config['cache_xcache_global_ttl'] = 0;

thank you.

lp

I just changed the backends to apc and redis and now the main homepage banner doesn't load?

Still struggling to get green ticks in google (slow server response). although in the beta I'm sure we did get green ticks. Is it down to my VPS:

4x Xeon Cores CPU 5GB DDR3 RAM 80GB HDD 1600GB Bandwidth Free Migrations

First byte ? have you looked at the waterfall view to see if the is anything there that gives a clue. Also do a speed test on your DNS as could be a routing problem that just shows up as first byte. Apart from that what is the one thing that does not change when you change the configuration ? perhaps you have a script that's busy too busy or an external file that loading like google or facebook shares etc.

When I check speed with google, I only get 90 score (just install cs-cart demo).

My boss ask me to have to get 95 score like cs-cart demo.

I see that in [color=#333333][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Optimize images, I have more images which are not be compressed than cs-cart demo. [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I'm using Imagick 6.5.4 on CentOS 6.6. Which version of Imagick are you using?[/size][/font][/color]

The Google page speed of my cs-cart demo page.

And one more thing. I wonder why “[color=#333333][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content” in Mobile version is in Should Fix, not Consider Fixing (like cs-cart demo page)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][/size][/font][/color]

We are getting the same issue. Is it the same element for everyone…

https://www.mysite.com/dev/var/cache/misc/statics/design/themes/responsive/css/standalone.65bfe121c7ca7de4b63da7a7c083d5321433109600.css?t=1433109963

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 1 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

GTmetrix

94 / 88

Another problem we are experiencing is with redis enabled we get random white pages… If you refresh the page a few times then it will load… With it returned back to database is works fine…

Any ideas…???

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1433116575' post='216618']

Any ideas…???

[/quote]

Check your server logs?

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1433117125' post='216619']

Check your server logs?

[/quote]

Here are the errors in the log…

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Redis' not found in /*****/***/public_html/dev/app/Tygh/Backend/Session/Redis.php on line 200
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /*****/***/public_html/dev/app/functions/fn.ultimate.php on line 1134
PHP Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 344 bytes in /*****/***/public_html/dev/app/functions/fn.cart.php on line 1871

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1433119887' post='216621']

Here are the errors in the log…

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Redis' not found in /*****/***/public_html/dev/app/Tygh/Backend/Session/Redis.php on line 200
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /*****/***/public_html/dev/app/functions/fn.ultimate.php on line 1134
PHP Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 344 bytes in /*****/***/public_html/dev/app/functions/fn.cart.php on line 1871

[/quote]

All errors have been resolved…

We are finding that using redis is actually slower than database for $config['session_backend'] =

Actually 1 second slower on page load times…