Get Maximum out of 4.3.1: The Best Server Configuration

[quote]I refactored the configuration. Please, let me know about the errors. [/quote]

All good, no errors detected yet.

I started a vultr vps in Sydney, 8gb ram, 4 cpu, SSD. page load times still around 3 seconds, could be just vps provider crap.

Also, if I enable imagik, front page becomes 200kb larger.

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1430998324' post='213667']

I started a vultr vps in Sydney, 8gb ram, 4 cpu, SSD. page load times still around 3 seconds, could be just vps provider crap.

[/quote]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Perhaps you should think[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]about profiling[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]CS-Cart (for example, via xhprof)[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]and searching[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]bottlenecks. I can help you with it.[/font]

do we need to add :

SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

to htaccess for mod deflate or is it already in 4.3.1?

I'm getting problems with the Point 5

[quote]5. use APCu for cache, and redis for sessions. The config.local.php file should have the following lines:

$config['cache_backend'] = 'apc';

$config['session_backend'] = 'redis';[/quote]

if I change that values in config.local.php the site doesn't work (white page)

[quote name='Rafass' timestamp='1431160759' post='213831']

I'm getting problems with the Point 5

if I change that values in config.local.php the site doesn't work (white page)

[/quote]

Your php configuration has to support apc and redis.

How can I do that?

[quote name='Rafass' timestamp='1431162855' post='213833']

How can I do that?

[/quote]

Are you on shared hosting? Then you have to contact your hosting provider. I am guessing they will say no.

VPS. exactly what I have to request to them?

to setup… php to 5.6,install opcache ,apcu… and redis… if you want all

I can not understand the point 5 and these configuration doesn't work

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]$config['cache_backend'] = 'apc';[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]$config['session_backend'] = 'redis';[/size][/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”][size=3]Exactly what I have to request to the hosting provider or what I have to do Imac? [/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Rafass' timestamp='1431176033' post='213843']

[color=#282828]Exactly what I have to request to the hosting provider or what I have to do Imac?[/color]

[/quote]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Ask your[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]hosting provider[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to install the following software:[/font][list]

[][font=Arial, sans-serif]Redis-server[/font]

[
][font=Arial, sans-serif]PHP extensions: redis, apcu.[/font]

[/list]

Hi,

I would like to use/try the recommended settings:

$config['cache_backend'] = 'apc';

$config['session_backend'] = 'redis';

My config is not as simple as stated in the post. Should I just substitute, “apc” for “file” and “redis” for “database” and everything stays the same?

Below is my config.local.php

I am on a lightspeed server, have php 5.6 and have apc and redis extensions. I am using cs-cart version 4.2.4

Thank you,

Bob

// Cache backend

// Available backends: file, sqlite, database, redis

// To use sqlite cache the “sqlite3” PHP module should be installed

$config['cache_backend'] = 'file';

$config['cache_redis_server'] = 'localhost';

$config['cache_redis_global_ttl'] = 0; // set this if your cache size reaches Redis server memory size

// Storage backend for sessions. Available backends: database, redis

$config['session_backend'] = 'database';

$config['session_redis_server'] = 'localhost';

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1431258092' post='213867']

Should I just substitute, “apc” for “file” and “redis” for “database” and everything stays the same?

[/quote]

Yes. Don't forget about support for Redis and APCu in PHP.

I just can;t get this to run as well, mostly a slow first time byte: [url=“WebPageTest - Running web page performance and optimization tests...”]http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150511_55_WC9/[/url]

You may need to install redis as it doesn't come as standard and I think Sqlite only really shows as available in php 5.5

[quote name='goncharov' timestamp='1431254144' post='213865']

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Ask your[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]hosting provider[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to install the following software:[/font][list]

[][font=Arial, sans-serif]Redis-server[/font]

[
][font=Arial, sans-serif]PHP extensions: redis, apcu.[/font]

[/list]

[/quote]

Thank you!

Hi,

I selected redis, apcu, opcache in php5.6 My host lets me select these in cPanel. Then, after checking with my host to make sure I don't have problems, I was informed that on the shared hosting account I have, all of the above are not supported/allowed. I guess if I changed my config, then nothing good would happen!

I assume the recommendations by cs-cart are for those with dedicated servers and VPS. The ones with shared hosting may not be able to use the recommendation. I could have made the changes and then wonder why nothing was working or working worse…

Right now I am using, from my previous post::

$config['cache_backend'] = 'file';

$config['session_backend'] = 'database'

Are there better choices for someone on shared hosting could use?

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name='Rafass' timestamp='1431405453' post='214032']

Thank you!

[/quote]

OK, but there is no cscart config to be done otherwise, it should automatically speed up?

[quote name='amdowney' timestamp='1431423145' post='214074']

OK, but there is no cscart config to be done otherwise, it should automatically speed up?

[/quote]

Understand, mmm. well, I'm afraid that I can not use ACP and redis in my hosting now…

IMHO… with the actual configuration is not the best speed I was waiting for.

you can try, (the link in my signature) there are not products, is a beta project yet. with the actual configuration loading pictures in the categories is still slow.

This is a video uploaded with 4.2 some months ago loading the same pictures:

- YouTube

Yes, now is more fast, but is not awesome, I guess I have to find the way to use that php configuration in another hosting.

here a gif: