Frustrated With Updating Custom Theme

We spent quite a bit working with a developer here on a custom skin for V4. It was built on 4.01 while CS-cart went to 4.02. When we updated, the site completely broke. The developer was able to fix things and get us to 4.02. Then 4.03 came out and we needed some of the USPS functions that came with that update. Of course site completely broke again (garbled layout) so we reverted to 4.01.

Reached out to developer and never heard back.

This is so frustrating. I understand a developer can't be on the hook for perpetual updates. However, we had asked for a proper skin implementation with child templates so that updates would not break our site.

I'm tempted with scrapping our custom site (that we love) and going with a stock cs-cart skin (not crazy about) just to avoid these updating issues.

My question is… does anyone know of a skin/template company that will create a skin correctly that will not break when updated. Or offer some sort of update subscription service. Is it too much to ask for a custom site that can be automatically upgraded when CS-cart upgrades. (of course major generation updates would be exceptions but certainly not have a site break from 4.01 to 4.02).

Yes you have right, for those minor chages and upgrades your theme should be working perfect. For example you had troubles if you was made upgrades from 4.0.3 to 4.1.4 or 4.2.1.

I am interested to give you more details about your project so if you are interested don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Alin @ MysticThemes

www.mysticthemes.com

[quote name='MysticThemes' timestamp='1406213566' post='188153']

Yes you have right, for those minor chages and upgrades your theme should be working perfect. For example you had troubles if you was made upgrades from 4.0.3 to 4.1.4 or 4.2.1.

I am interested to give you more details about your project so if you are interested don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Alin @ MysticThemes

www.mysticthemes.com

[/quote]

Strange you should say this Alin, I asked about a akin you did for me for 4.1.4 and you said there is charge for it to be ready for 4.1.5 ??? veridu skin

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1406218579' post='188155']

Strange you should say this Alin, I asked about a akin you did for me for 4.1.4 and you said there is charge for it to be ready for 4.1.5 ??? veridu skin

[/quote]

I am sorry but I don't think I've told that because, on our website all themes are updated at new versions. For example Veridu theme was made on v4.03, after that updated to the v4.1.2, v4.1.4 and v4.1.5 and right now we are working to make update for version v4.2.1

If you are client an buyed veridu theme you got email every time when veridu theme it is updated and you need only to login and download latest version of theme and rewrite your all files / install it again from start.

But if you had some custom work made on one of our theme than there exist an cost (advanced support) to update/upgrade also that part of cutom work and make it responsive as it is right now on our website.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thank you[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]–[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Kind Regards[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Alin @ MysticThemes[/font][/color]

www.mysticthemes.com[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[quote name='MysticThemes' timestamp='1406219662' post='188156']

But if you had some custom work made on one of our theme than there exist an cost (advanced support) to update/upgrade also that part of cutom work and make it responsive as it is right now on our website.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thank you[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Kind Regards[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Alin @ MysticThemes[/font][/color]

www.mysticthemes.com[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[/quote]

Maybe thats where the mix up is, as there was no custom work, and you may have assumed on live chat about custom work.

I understand of course you need to charge for custom things.

I didnt see any email of the newer version but will check my account and download if 4.1.5 compatible version is there.

Apologies it came across as complaint, and I would definately recommend the themes to anyone,

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1406222604' post='188160']

Maybe thats where the mix up is, as there was no custom work, and you may have assumed on live chat about custom work.

I understand of course you need to charge for custom things.

I didnt see any email of the newer version but will check my account and download if 4.1.5 compatible version is there.

Apologies it came across as complaint, and I would definately recommend the themes to anyone,

[/quote]

No problem,

Sometimes you need to check also spam folder and yes, right now on your account you can find Veridu theme Responsive and ready for v4.1.5, and till next week will be ready for v4.2.1.

You need just to log in in your account and go to the downloads page.

Theme paid today does not work, installed according to all instructions will you take time to respond my emails?