Free Shipping

If I apply Free Shipping to a particular product (by checking the free shipping box on the products update page), is there a way to show text on the product details page that notifies the customer there is …FREE SHIPPING ON THIS PRODUCT ?

[quote name=‘abconeill’]If I apply Free Shipping to a particular product (by checking the free shipping box on the products update page), is there a way to show text on the product details page that notifies the customer there is …FREE SHIPPING ON THIS PRODUCT ?[/quote]

That’s possible but you have to set up the shipping settings as first.

Well what I did is I mad a file called:

skins/basic/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/products/view_main_info.override.tpl

In that file I put:

```php

{include file=“views/products/components/product_images.tpl” product=$product show_detailed_link=“Y”}

{*Brandon - add free shipping }

{if $product.free_shipping ==‘Y’}

Free Shipping

{/if}

{
/Brandon *}

{include file=“blocks/list_templates/simple_list.tpl” product=$product show_sku=true show_rating=true show_old_price=true show_price=true show_list_discount=true show_clean_price=true details_page=true show_discount_label=true show_product_amount=true show_product_options=true hide_form=$smarty.capture.val_hide_form show_qty=true min_qty=true show_edp=true show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role=“action” capture_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_capture_buttons capture_product_options=$smarty.capture.val_capture_options_vs_qty}

```

I use an image to show free shipping, but you could change:

```php Free Shipping ```

To whatever you want.

This is what my free shipping looks like:

[img]http://www.saltwatertogo.com/help/free_shipping.jpg[/img]

Hope it helps,

Brandon

You are awesome Brandon.

Thanks

Hum…

I made something wrong.

It is not working.

I will try it later. I think my .TPL file is wrong.

I just did this for a 2.0.14 store and things are a little different. I think my store has enough changes that the upgrade from 12 to 14 didn’t matter to me. At least for this.

Anyways, in the styles I have:

.free-shipping {
float:right;
padding:20px 100px 0 0;
}

And in:

skins/your-skin/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/products/view_main_info.override.tpl

I have:

```php {include file=“blocks/list_templates/details_page.tpl” product=$product show_sku=true show_rating=true show_old_price=true show_price=true show_list_discount=true show_clean_price=true details_page=true show_discount_label=true show_product_amount=true show_product_options=true hide_form=$smarty.capture.val_hide_form show_qty=true min_qty=true show_edp=true show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role=“action” capture_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_capture_buttons capture_options_vs_qty=$smarty.capture.val_capture_options_vs_qty separate_buttons=$smarty.capture.val_separate_buttons show_add_to_cart=true show_list_buttons=true but_role=“action” block_width=true}

{if $product.free_shipping =='Y' || $product.price >= 1}
Free Shipping
{/if}
```

I think those were the only changes I had to make. Give it a try and if there are any problems I'll do my best to help.

Brandon

I am new to cs cart and I cannot get this to work. Did you have create these directories /my_changes/hooks/products/ ? Also, where is the “styles” that you added this to? Thanks for any help you can give.

.free-shipping {

float:right;

padding:20px 100px 0 0;

}

Like ido4self I have to admit your instructions are somewhat convoluted. While I truly appreciate your efforts to help others, disjointed instructions only frustrate those that come upon these post in an effort to improve their stores. I had a free shipping icon working fine on 2.0.4 and only recently decided to update the entire store to 2.0.14 so the first thing I did was come here looking for a solution from better minds than mine. Most of us just need decent instructions and we can tweak the rest on our own. However;

Anyways, in the styles I have:” tells me nothing useful. Can you please clarify exactly what CSS file this should go in.

And in: skins/your-skin/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/products/view_main_info.override.tpl I have:” makes even less sense because this alone is not going to call the free shipping label on a product page.

So while you got it working on your Web site and it looks great, your instructions leave less talented folks completely empty. I see this quite a bit on the forums and only hope people take a bit more time to explain their methodologies.

UPDATE:

Found this thread [http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=82615&postcount=4] and now realize you did in fact offer more detailed instructions. I appreciate your efforts. Hopefully I can get this working.

Great post. Works like a charm, after figuring out exactly where everything is supposed to go.

Now my question is, this is only good for the product page… but what about getting a free shipping image on a category or feature list page?