Free Shipping configuration by zipcode and FLAG

A flag (image) with the inscription “Free Shipping” near the product price was my first doubt but I already has an answer from this thread where Brandon answer how he did to show it. Very useful:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16188&highlight=free+shipping[/url]

So, I have just one more problem about shipping.

About FREE SHIPPING we can see these threads:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16588&highlight=free+shipping[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16556&highlight=free+shipping[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16282&highlight=free+shipping[/url]

A bug related:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15966&highlight=free+shipping[/url]

##############

In Brazil, our government shipping company use a method to make prices: weight of the product and distance.

ZIPCODE: each State has a lot of numbers defining a zipcode. This is like we can see in almost all coutries.

Depending of the distance, each State has a band (zone) that goes from 0 to 4.

In fact, this system is already working (not very well, but working).

MY DOUBT HERE IS:

HOW TO CONFIGURE A SHIPPING METHOD TO GIVE FREE SHIPPING TO A CLIENT USING 3 PARAMETERS:

1. PRICE (shopping OVER 100.00).

If the price is over 100.00, so the system will see the next 2 parameters

2: WEIGHT OF ALL PRODUCTS (under 4kg)
  2. ZIPCODE (ZONES 0, 1 and 2)

Sure we can create others, like:

If price >= 150 then

if weight <= 5 then

if zipcodeZone == 0 or 1 or 2

shippingCost ← 0

My doubt is if there is a direct way to configure it or not. Because if we are talking about EACH product we can CHECK if and it will have a free shipping. But when we are talking about SOME PRODUCTS inside the cart … I don’t know if this is possible.

Any idea?

Thanks!

You can’t do it with shipping methods but you should be able to do this with Promotions. Set up a new “Free shipping” cart promotions as follows:

Conditions

========

Order subtotal greater 100

Total products weight in the cart less 4

Customer zip/postal code (you will need to figure out the logic based on your zip codes - you will likely have to make this a group so you can specify multiple zip code ranges)

Bonus

=======

Free shipping:

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You can’t do it with shipping methods but you should be able to do this with Promotions. Set up a new “Free shipping” cart promotions as follows:

Conditions

========

Order subtotal greater 100

Total products weight in the cart less 4

Customer zip/postal code (you will need to figure out the logic based on your zip codes - you will likely have to make this a group so you can specify multiple zip code ranges)

Bonus

=======

Free shipping:

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob,

I think there is only you and Brandon this weekend inside the forum…ehehhehe.

Jost a joke.

Thanks for your post.

ONE MORE THING TO STUDY: promotions codes.

If I understand well, every time a person want to buy a product from us that has a cost (for example) of $300.00 and a Weight under 5kg (for example) this person will need to INSERT a COUPON CODE to be possible to see a NEW SHIPPING METHOD = FREE SHIPPING.

Is this right?

I understood it like you wanted?

For example:

A game console costs $ 400 (4kg).

The client go to checkout page and there he will see a shipping cost (default one): $ 40.00 (for example).

When he inserts the coupon code he will earn a new shipping method called FREE SHIPPING that has cost = $0.00

Or the Actual Shipping method will give a price = $0.00 ?

Tks!

The “Free shipping” promotion I described will be given automatically. If you want the have the customer enter a promotion code, you need to add the following condition:

Coupon code equals

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]The “Free shipping” promotion I described will be given automatically. If you want the have the customer enter a promotion code, you need to add the following condition:

Coupon code equals

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hum…

Automatically?

Hum… good I will study a little more to implement it.

I thought every time the costumer will need to insert a coupon code like Victoria Secrets does.

Thanks again for your help.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]The “Free shipping” promotion I described will be given automatically. If you want the have the customer enter a promotion code, you need to add the following condition:

Coupon code equals

Bob[/QUOTE]

IT IS WORKING.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, BOB.

Your idea and all your help make things work.

You can see in image:

I try to buy a product with 908g and $117.00 of cost… EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.

I did not need to insert any coupon code. (I saw I could configurate it, but it is not necessary).

Thank you again.

The unique problem I will have is to create a way to SHOW a flag “FREE SHIPPING” to products with prices over $100.00.

That problem you describe in the other thread will give me troubles.

ANOTHER PROBLEM WILL BE TO CONFIGURATE ALL ZIPCODES BY 5 ZONES. WE WILL NOT SALE FOR PEOPLE IN ZONE 4.

WHEN I THINK IN A SOLUTION I WILL POST HERE.

Tks one more time.