Free Products

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on my new site for the last month and have found this forum VERY helpful along the way. Thank you!

There is one thing I haven't been able to find through searching and I wanted to see if anyone has done this or knows how before I run to support.

Is it poosible to display the text 'FREE' for products that are of no cost but can be 'purchased/added to cart'?

Currently it displays nothing and rather than just add details that the product is free in the description it would be nice to have it display FREE in all the places it would normally display the price.

Ideally I am hoping there is a solution that isn't a 'hack'.

Thanks!

Zoe

[quote name='zmc' timestamp='1322713199' post='127056']

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on my new site for the last month and have found this forum VERY helpful along the way. Thank you!

There is one thing I haven't been able to find through searching and I wanted to see if anyone has done this or knows how before I run to support.

Is it poosible to display the text 'FREE' for products that are of no cost but can be 'purchased/added to cart'?

Currently it displays nothing and rather than just add details that the product is free in the description it would be nice to have it display FREE in all the places it would normally display the price.

Ideally I am hoping there is a solution that isn't a 'hack'.

Thanks!

Zoe

[/quote]

Unfortunately this has been discussed here many times, and the only way to do this is a hack by putting an if condition checking for 0 price on the product detail page and category listing pages.

Ah OK… Thanks for that John.

[quote name='zmc' timestamp='1322753283' post='127088']

Ah OK… Thanks for that John.

[/quote]

Yeah I wish there was a cleaner way to do this as well.