FREE ADDON:Mass generation of gift certificates

Guys,

We can update this module for you free of charge without affecting any copyrights. But the fn_get_gift_certificate_amount_variants function is missed in their package. If you provide us with this function, the module will be placed here soon.

It would appear that this was never implemented. I believe it was determined that the underlying min/max of the GC system could be used instead. Most of the code is in the template and as it exists, the selector is never shown. Not sure why it's there, but I don't believe it's really needed. It is commented out and it ends up being assign('amount_variants', '');

Since they've added free products in V4, there are two extensions we've done for clients that would be useful to have in the core GC addon.[list=1]

[]Limit number of GC's that have free products in an order (we limited it to 1)

[
]Ability to (similar o adding free products) exclude a set of products from a GC in it's calculations.

[/list]

The first one can be done outside the core GC addon. The 2nd needs to have gift_certificates/func.php modified because it's too complicated to do it post-facto in a separate calculate_cart hook and get both the order correct and the GC accounting correct.

Since these mass-GC's seem to be used for Groupon and other types of promotions, a bit more flexibility needs to be in place to work in real business models.

Is it possible within CS-CART to export a mass-generated amount of gift certificates?

So say I wanted to make a $5 voucher for my entire customer list and mail it to them (whether that be by email or postal) - can I just export it or somehow generate it so each gift certificate actually has there name on it (thus, being more personal to them)?

Perhaps even somehow exporting to excel or something and it automatically filling in a gift certificate template with the name.

Hi there,

I have installed this add-on and it is not working in my site. I can go in to specifics if need be, but would first like to see if any one is still supporting this / tending to this thread?

Thanks

Hi there,

I have installed this add-on and it is not working in my site. I can go in to specifics if need be, but would first like to see if any one is still supporting this / tending to this thread?

Thanks

Hello.

Which version of the addon installed?

Best regardas

Robert