Free Addon: Google Remarketing

[quote name=‘Tim Hensel’ timestamp=‘1351050879’ post=‘147559’]

Problem found with this add-on. :-(

I was getting lots of complaints basically saying ‘Your website, it is hard as hell to checkout on’ … I could not understand what they were referring to. Finally too many people were complaining about my PayPal checkout. Once the PayPal place order now (or something like that) button comes up (STEP 4 of checkout) and when you click some customers were getting a popup error saying this site is not secure. Then it would wipe out their checkout page data and they would redo, but keep getting that error which would wipe out the checkout page contents.

Further investigation I had seen that in Chrome, no problems…But IE9 would show ‘Not all content secure’ on the SSL pages and FireFox would say something is wrong with the SSL certificate and not to trust the site as all data is not encrypted.

Finally I figured it out … The Google Remarketing add-on was causing this. :?

I guess it is calling the scripts but in http: and not https: … Not sure why but disabling the add-on now and everything is again okay.

[/quote]

Hi

This is why I always say “try this and let me know” on all of my scripts.

I made a few changes and you can use this with ssl now.

Let me know

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5982] (for use with ssl)

Fotis

That fix was simpler than I thought it would be.

Thank you Fotis for;

1 - Fixing this issue so fast, and

2 - For putting out this free add-on to everyone! :grin:

Hi Tim

no problem, I am happy to receive input and fix things!

I m glad I could help.

Fotis

Hello,

In which directory of my FTP space I should be installa correctly this ADDONS? I try to install it but I dont see any addons on my ADDONS list from my cs-cart 2.2.4.

Thank a lot for any answer

Hi

you should put it in your root directory.

Its the one like httpdocs or public_html or www

You will see other folders there like addons, schema, core, var, skins etc

Fotis

Hi i add this addons. Thanks [color=#ff0000]dvsgr[/color].

But i found a some tag how can i put this i think it use for a only product and category.

is any one else how its work?

First… Thanks for the addon!

Second… Are there any plans on updating this addon to work with the new “Dynamic” Google Remarketing campaigns?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I will try to make this work with Dynamic GR but for now I am out of time with projects, so it will take some time.

I ll get back when I have anything new on that.

Fotis

Foti thanks for this addon.

#Greece is everywhere#

[quote name='Offline' timestamp='1376922483' post='167040']

First… Thanks for the addon!

Second… Are there any plans on updating this addon to work with the new “Dynamic” Google Remarketing campaigns?

Thanks,

Chris

[/quote]

Hi dvsgr,

thanks for this addon.

have you already implemented dynamic remarketign?

Best regards,

Jacek

Hi Jacek

thank you for your kind words.

there is not much interest in this Addon as in v4 you can now put your script in a new block (Html +smarty) so I dont think that will be in futuer plans.

Fotis

Can you give some better instructions on the above for v4?

Hi again

you can add the dynamic remarketing code (example)

[color=#009933][font=monospace, monospace][size=3][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1122CC][font=monospace, monospace][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]in an HTML block with Smarty Support in default location at the bottom (maybe in the same grid with copyright).[/size][/font]

[color=#444444]The section in [/color][size=3]green font[/size][color=#444444] (that ends with the tag below ecomm_totalvalue: 'REPLACE_WITH_VALUE') includes the custom parameters, and the section in [/color][size=3]blue font[/size][color=#444444] (that ends with the tag) includes the remarketing tag.[/color]

[color=#444444]The above is an example of how the dynamic remarketing tag might look. This isn't the exact snippet of code you should add to your site. Learn where to [/color][url="https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103509"]find your remarketing tag[/url][color=#444444].[/color]

[color=#444444]Find more at [/color]https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en

Fotis

We use remarketing, (Adroll.com in our case) our sales have increased by over 20% We take care of the SEO ensuring strong organic results (that parts for free) and then use remarketing to target someone who has abandoned their shopping cart or visited our site and left again.

Our most successful campaign is one in which we remind customers why they can shop with us. It goes like this;

1. Customer adds product to their cart and leaves
  2. We show them a campaign called “Why Shop With Us?”
    • 14 Day Returns
    • Secure Shopping
    • Express and Free Shipping Available

These adds occur as the customer does their general browsing of the internet.

3a. Customer returns and completes checkout, a conversion goal is recorded and we stop showing the ads. OR;

3b; After 30 days the ads stop showing on their own.

Its the most successful advertising we've ever done. Adroll lets us show display ads for the Google network, plus Facebook ads for the newsfeed, general FB ads.

I heard from a marketing lady yesterday, that someone needs to hear about (or see) your business 7 times on average for it to be remembered. That's why retargeting works so well. (granted it CAN get annoying!)

Also, don't forget that some peoples aptitude on the net isn't that great. What if they visited your site, went to come back to it a few days later and forgot the name? Not everyone has the smarts to check their browser history. Retargeting will remind them of their visit to your website and show them how to get back there.

Well Remarketing is a very good tool for all online businness but always use it right.

We find it very effective on all of our clients especially new stores that need to get out there.

Here are some great articles on that matter[list]

[]How NOT to do remarketing - http://www.rjdrummond.com/pay-per-click/how-not-to-do-remarketing

[
]5 Google Dynamic Remarketing Ads Best Practices - 5 Google Dynamic Remarketing Ads Best Practices - Search Engine Watch

[*]Ultimate Guide to AdWords Remarketing - The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads Remarketing | PPC Hero

[/list]

Fotis

[quote name='Scott_C' timestamp='1395821689' post='180181']

We use remarketing, (Adroll.com in our case) our sales have increased by over 20% We take care of the SEO ensuring strong organic results (that parts for free) and then use remarketing to target someone who has abandoned their shopping cart or visited our site and left again.

Our most successful campaign is one in which we remind customers why they can shop with us. It goes like this;

1. Customer adds product to their cart and leaves
  2. We show them a campaign called “Why Shop With Us?”
    • 14 Day Returns
    • Secure Shopping
    • Express and Free Shipping Available

These adds occur as the customer does their general browsing of the internet.

3a. Customer returns and completes checkout, a conversion goal is recorded and we stop showing the ads. OR;

3b; After 30 days the ads stop showing on their own.

Its the most successful advertising we've ever done. Adroll lets us show display ads for the Google network, plus Facebook ads for the newsfeed, general FB ads.

[/quote]

We too have recently started using Adroll. I agree that it has been very successful. We are still trying to figure out some parts, but without a doubt it has had a positive affect.

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1376922901' post='167041']

Hi Chris,

I will try to make this work with Dynamic GR but for now I am out of time with projects, so it will take some time.

I ll get back when I have anything new on that.

Fotis

[/quote]

Fotis as i can see dynamic remarketing is working via google merchant and Greece is not in the list of countries.is there a way to achive the dynamic remarketing in Greece.thanks!

Hi dvsgr could you please post a more detailed guide of google remarketing addon code integration in v4.1.2? Which template we have to edit? In which directory? Thanks!