Forum Upgrade

[quote]

Wonder who’s idea it was to change the forum? Gotten much sleep this week?

[/quote]

I’m sure it had high-votes in uservoice since according to cs-cart, that’s what drives all changes. :-)

Brandon, please try to update your signature now.

Vladimir,

Sweet, it's working now, thank you.

Brandon

also when i am trying to upload image on attachment, it always says “Upload Images Failed” . Can you solve this problem.

[size=“4”]I really hate this new forum:[/size]

[size=“4”]1 - font is too small (on big screen, you see nothing. Font size 4, like this one, is perfect.)[/size]

[size=“4”]2 - Text area is too wide (Your eyes go from the extreme left to extreme right, while being obliged to frown, because you do not see anything, everything is too small and too wide. 10 minutes to try to read, and you have a headache.)[/size]

[size=“4”]3 - Color tone is too white (it’s like looking sun without sunglasses)[/size]

[size=“4”]4 - No avatar of poster (How looks like this poster? Nota Bene: Find a good (or bad) poster in a page through her/his avatar is a fast way to read!)[/size]

[size=“4”]5 - No number of post (who is this poster, a newcomer or a guru? Useless to follow some “good advice” coming from a new Spiral with a very few post and very few CS-Cart knowledge.)[/size]

[size=“4”]6 - Search function is bugged (Go here: http://forum.cs-cart…earch_in=forums > Search your poster’s name in “Find author” field > Click “Search now” button. Sort is wrong! Your last post is NOT the first one! You need to searching it below in the results’ flow, to be able to find it :( )[/size]

[size=“4”]Conclusions:

[/size]

[size=“4”]I can’t anymore contribute in these conditions. It’s pure waste of time.

[/size]

[size=“4”]Lee Li Pop

[/size]

[quote name='TonyK' timestamp='1308315030' post='115156']

I find something like this more readable and the layout better.

http://www.skinbox.n…e-demo/skin/135

http://www.skinbox.n…ve-demo/skin/39

Hard to tell when a post ends and a signature comes after

hard to tell when a post ends between users and when a user quotes another.

take a look at the forum layout here:

http://live.skinbox…2-a-test-forum/

so much easier to read and see where posts begin and end.

[/quote]

[size=“4”]Yes, these skins are nice![/size]

[size=“4”]Lee Li Pop [/size]

[quote name='roban' timestamp='1308393556' post='115218']

It sure has stopped spammers dead in their tracks and that's a good thing.

[/quote]

[size=“4”]Time for the robots to understand you changed for IP.Board.[/size]

[size=“4”]Lee Li Pop

[/size]

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’ timestamp=‘1308422721’ post=‘115241’]

IMO - quit b*tching about signature lines, get the readability fixed otherwise I can’t see my eyeballs getting better. Signatures will always be abused.

Three lines, no HTML

[/quote]

[size=“4”]+1000 [/size] :rolleyes:

I also find it difficult to distinguish the quotes from the actual replies

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank you all for your comments on the updated forum design.

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on the design changes to fix the design and usability mistakes. Please be patient.

Just for your information: we had to update the forum software (mostly, due to spam) and in addition changed the design. It was a planned change. Nobody from the team who worked on the CS-Cart software was involved in this process, so it could not affect the release date of the next version of CS-Cart in any way.

Thank you for your understanding.

[size=“4”]Everyone does not have a perfect view, and some of us may have an eye disease. Thank you for thinking of us by improving the readability of text, such as by enlarging the size of the font and softening the background with a pastel color.[/size]

[size=“4”] Thank you for our eyes! :shock: :blink:

Lee Li Pop[/size]

I think the changes you have made are a big improvement. Maybe not the colors I would choose and I would still prefer the name, avatar and post date on the left, but it's much more readable now. Thank you.

Is it possible to bring back the Version 1.X posts please.

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1308661526' post='115432']

I think the changes you have made are a big improvement. Maybe not the colors I would choose and I would still prefer the name, avatar and post date on the left, but it's much more readable now. Thank you.

[/quote]

We understand that it takes some time to get accustomed to the new design, but it seems, removing the left section with an avatar, etc was a mistake, so we are considering to return it.

[quote name='Lyn' timestamp='1308663624' post='115436']

Is it possible to bring back the Version 1.X posts please.

[/quote]

Yes, sure. Please find the “Version 1.x” section below the “Developers' Corner” and “Miscellaneous” categories on the Forums home page. Guests and trial users cannot post to this forum.

Thank you.

Thank you so much. :D

[quote name=‘Lantan’ timestamp=‘1308669046’ post=‘115441’]

We understand that it takes some time to get accustomed to the new design, but it seems, removing the left section with an avatar, etc was a mistake, so we are considering to return it.

Yes, sure. Please find the “Version 1.x” section below the “Developers’ Corner” and “Miscellaneous” categories on the Forums home page. Guests and trial users cannot post to this forum.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Yup, the first change I would like to see is bringing back the left section with the avatar I think then it would be easier to gauge what other modifications are needed if any, but overall I’m a fan of newer technology :)

Couple opinions about the new design:

1. The quoted text box is definitely hard to distinguish from the actual post replying.
  2. The bold thread title is really hard to read actually

Aside from that the rest looks great :)

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1308669046' post='115441']

[/quote]

The forum has improved, is more easy to read and navigate now. Just a suggestion: when this feature is revised could you provide some screenshots before? Sure the left column gave the forum more sense of “community” but could be improved so it feels “new”.

Also, could you evaluate to add a top link to the Knowledge Base pages, next to the help link? something like ideas | bug tracker | Member List | [color=“#FF0000”]KB[/color] | Help . If not, you could also try to add some links to KB in help topics page.

New visitors usually comes and shot their question and a lot of times the answer is in KB pages.

Thanks!

Hello,

[quote name=‘btrials’ timestamp=‘1308741867’ post=‘115506’]

Couple opinions about the new design:

1. The quoted text box is definitely hard to distinguish from the actual post replying.

[/quote]

I agree, thank you.

[quote name=‘btrials’ timestamp=‘1308741867’ post=‘115506’]

2. The bold thread title is really hard to read actually

[/quote]

I am afraid, it is hard to find a solution that will suit all the forum members. Every man to his taste ;) But we will do our best.

[quote name=‘colortone’ timestamp=‘1308760417’ post=‘115520’]

The forum has improved, is more easy to read and navigate now. Just a suggestion: when this feature is revised could you provide some screenshots before? Sure the left column gave the forum more sense of “community” but could be improved so it feels “new”.

[/quote]

I hope you will like the left column. There is nothing special with it, I think. Anyway, we are open for your suggestions and further comments that it goes live.

[quote name=‘colortone’ timestamp=‘1308760417’ post=‘115520’]

Also, could you evaluate to add a top link to the Knowledge Base pages, next to the help link? something like ideas | bug tracker | Member List | [color=“#FF0000”]KB[/color] | Help . If not, you could also try to add some links to KB in help topics page. New visitors usually comes and shot their question and a lot of times the answer is in KB pages.

[/quote]

Good idea, thank you. We will add this link to the top.

Brandon mentioned this in another thread but right now the upload maximum for a user is 500k. Anyone that has posted any addons in this forum is probably already over this limit. Can this be increased to something more reasonable?