Forum Upgrade

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1308302429' post='115134']

We made some changes in styles. Please, let us know what do you think, does it look better now?

Further comments are welcome as we are continue improving forums look'n'feel.

[/quote]

I think topic title should not be blue, better dark grey or black

also

Post Information → “By: admin” not blue also please…

We made some changes in styles. Please, let us know what do you think, does it look better now?

[/quote]

common admin change the background color of the forum. Totally white is painful for eyes.

[size=“5”]I have five comments:[/size]

1) I like the new forum mobile interface. The new forum looks great on my Iphone now.

2) Way to many forums. I was hoping Cs-Cart would reduce the forums to just a handful. Cs-cart sells 3 products (free, pro and multi-vendor), why 20 forums.

3) I find myself preferring to stay logged out with the new forum. This way when I click on View New Content it shows me ALL the most recent posts. If I am logged in, it only shows me the New Posts I haven't seen. Sometimes, I have seen them, but not fully read them yet and they go away when I am logged in.

4) Can we get rid of signatures. They distract from the forum and basically are just free ads for the poster. They add no value to the forum.

5) Bring back the 1.X forums. Some of us still maintain earlier versions of cs-cart and these forums are essential.

[font=“Comic Sans MS”]David[/font]

[/quote]

Yes, it's realy better, thanks

What I think is a real shame is that links to posts on the old forum don't re-direct.

I have stored a lot of links to posts which fixed issues for me and I can't get to them any more. Is there any way an archive and/or redirects can be made?

I find something like this more readable and the layout better.

http://www.skinbox.net/browse/live-demo/skin/135

http://www.skinbox.net/browse/live-demo/skin/39

Hard to tell when a post ends and a signature comes after

hard to tell when a post ends between users and when a user quotes another.

take a look at the forum layout here:

http://live.skinbox.net/index.php?/forum/2-a-test-forum/

so much easier to read and see where posts begin and end.

Example??

[quote name='CathyLC' timestamp='1308313517' post='115154']

What I think is a real shame is that links to posts on the old forum don't re-direct.

I have stored a lot of links to posts which fixed issues for me and I can't get to them any more. Is there any way an archive and/or redirects can be made?

[/quote]

I think the changes have improved the readability but it still is not easy to read. Still far too much white. I know this has been said before as well but move the Poster info (name, title date) to the left of the post as it was. This makes it much easier to find the various posts of a thread.

[quote]We made some changes in styles. Please, let us know what do you think, does it look better now?[/quote]

Vladimir this last changes are great! thank you. Regarding the signature I'd like to ask forum members to consired this:

[size=“3”][color=“#4169E1”]Could you please people, set yours signature in one or two lines? It eats to much space and increase scrolling. (Scrolling is killing me…) Thanks![/color][/size]

Has anyone tried to edit their signature? How many characters do they want now? I went down to just my name and was unable to “save” as it said it was error 1029 and it was too long.

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1308345373’ post=‘115189’]

Has anyone tried to edit their signature? How many characters do they want now? I went down to just my name and was unable to “save” as it said it was error 1029 and it was too long.

[/quote]

Clips, you’re absolutely killing me man, you are the only forum member who’s signature is the equivalent of a paperback novel! :lol:

No one else will ever reach the maximum character limit for their signature… :lol:

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1308345959’ post=‘115190’]

Clips, you’re absolutely killing me man, you are the only forum member who’s signature is the equivalent of a paperback novel! :lol:

No one else will ever reach the maximum character limit for their signature… :lol:

[/quote]

At least it ain’t a hard-cover. I prefer my own

So…did you try to change your signature? I am trying to make it a much smaller novel but it doesn't seem to let me.

Will it let you change it at all or is it just a chance to crack jokes?

Let me go ahead and irritate with my sig. :D :P

Don't seem to be getting email updates with posts to threads I've posted in (yes, my profile is set to do so).

Between that and having to logout each time so it can figure out what a new post is, makes this a royal pain to use efficiently. Also lack of Avatars make it more difficult to find a post on a page.

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1308354082’ post=‘115200’]

[/quote]

Way cool signature! I actually love how it breaks up the plain, hard to read page! Have you tried to edit it yet and save in the new forum?

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1308312413' post='115148']

[size=“5”]I have five comments:[/size]

5) Bring back the 1.X forums. Some of us still maintain earlier versions of cs-cart and these forums are essential.

[font=“Comic Sans MS”]David[/font]

[/quote]

Yes, please bring back the 1.X forums.

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1308354082’ post=‘115200’]

[/quote]

doesn’t irritates at all, actually is the most productive signature ever, but you could make it even better and save some space, just in benefit of the time we spend scrolling…

[quote]Operating System: Linux , Kernel Version: 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 , cPanel Version: 1.26.20, Architecture: x86_64, MySQL Version: 5.0.91-community-log

Dedicated IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx, Apache Version: 2.2.17, PHP Version: 5.2.15, cPanel Pro: 1.0 (RC1)[/quote]

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1308360835' post='115209']

doesn't irritates at all, actually is the most productive signature ever, but you could make it even better and save some space, just in benefit of the time we spend scrolling…

[/quote]

No offense but my format is more legible.

It sure has stopped spammers dead in their tracks and that's a good thing.