For Paypal Sucharger Problem!

Version: 4.2.3,

my problem, I can not add the PayPal payment option costs, expenses and I'm writing I click the save button, but I get this error:

Error Note:[color=#B94A48] According to the PayPal [/color]policy[color=#B94A48] (4.6), surcharges are not supported. Any surcharges you may have set will be ignored when PayPal is used for checkout.[/color]

Yes, you can find the following in the PayPal agreement:

3.4 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

What answer do you expect here?

[quote name='xwarrior' timestamp='1425307183' post='206795']

Version: 4.2.3,

my problem, I can not add the PayPal payment option costs, expenses and I'm writing I click the save button, but I get this error:

Error Note:[color=#B94A48] According to the PayPal [/color]policy[color=#B94A48] (4.6), surcharges are not supported. Any surcharges you may have set will be ignored when PayPal is used for checkout.[/color]

[/quote]

I had the same problem on 4.2.4 I had to go into the database and add the surcharge.

I think this will be a little problem, but there is nothing to do, I thank you for the information.

Hallo,

Solution

1- disable it PayPal payments under Add-ons - Manage Addons

(PayPal payments

Lets you accept payments via PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Pro, PayPal Standard, PayPal Advanced, and PayPal Payflow Pro.)

2- go now to Administration - Payment methods select Paypal and configure Surcharge fields. running again :)

Hallo,

[b]Solution[/b]

[b]1[/b]- disable it PayPal payments under Add-ons - Manage Addons

(PayPal payments
Lets you accept payments via PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Pro, PayPal Standard, PayPal Advanced, and PayPal Payflow Pro.)

[b]2[/b]- go now to Administration - Payment methods select Paypal and configure Surcharge fields. running again :)

This solution no works on the new versions of cs-cart. Any other solution? Thanks.

Open the app/addons/paypal/func.php file and replace:

if (!empty($p_surcharge) || !empty($a_surcharge)) {
            $payment_data['p_surcharge'] = 0;
            $payment_data['a_surcharge'] = 0;
            fn_set_notification('E', __('error'), __('text_paypal_surcharge'));
        }

with

/*if (!empty($p_surcharge) || !empty($a_surcharge)) {
            $payment_data['p_surcharge'] = 0;
            $payment_data['a_surcharge'] = 0;
            fn_set_notification('E', __('error'), __('text_paypal_surcharge'));
        }*/

Thank you!!!

this should be done other ways because paypal doesnt allow surcharges... so the addon has to detect if paypal and add separate surchage to the price...

I am posting this as an update for the issue, since I run onto it today, with a few customers.

As the [User Agreement for PayPal Service (Last Update: Mar 23, 2016)] clearly shows,

the aforementioned policies (4.6) & (3.4), are irrelevant to surcharges.

Furthermore, we have policy:

4.4 Non discouragement. [...] You further agree that if you do charge a buyer any form of surcharge that you, and not PayPal, will inform the buyer of the requested charge [...].

So, apparently, today, June 10 2016, we have to inform the client of Paypal fees!!!