Finally - Got Shipping Options To Appear ;) . . . But . . .

ok / not going to complain how how INSANE this was to accomplish :angry:

(based on lack of documentation) :wacko:

as I seemed to be the only one with SUCH issues :cry:

but - [color=#ff0000][size=4]YEAH[/size][/color] - got it to work ! ! ! :grin:

but

we are going to be shipping all from one location (for now)

and probably just to USA

based on weight and how fast the client wants to get his product

(eg overnite, vs 2nd day, 3rd day, ground, etc)

can some one please explain the following options:

ie what does RATE and TYPE do?

yes it effects the price / but what is the logic for the variables/results

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]THANKS ![/font]

[quote name=‘TheeDragon’ timestamp=‘1406380382’ post=‘188231’]

ok / not going to complain how how INSANE this was to accomplish :angry:

(based on lack of documentation) :wacko:

as I seemed to be the only one with SUCH issues :cry:

but - [color=#ff0000][size=4]YEAH[/size][/color] - got it to work ! ! ! :grin:

but

we are going to be shipping all from one location (for now)

and probably just to USA

based on weight and how fast the client wants to get his product

(eg overnite, vs 2nd day, 3rd day, ground, etc)

can some one please explain the following options:

ie what does RATE and TYPE do?

yes it effects the price / but what is the logic for the variables/results

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]THANKS ![/font]

[/quote]

Hi

Rate is the amount you wish to apply ie $10/10%

For example…

more than 0 (lbs) = $10 if set at 10% then the charge would be 10% of the product value

more than 10 (lbs) = $20 if set at 20% then the charge would be 20% of the product value

Hope that helps

Barry

we sell very expensive items

$200-$3000

the weight from 1-20 pounds

most shippers are dependent on the weight of the box??

(not the value of product)

I would have tried to use the realtime option

but that never works (for me) so I am using the manual

and even that only works when I make some entry on the back page

ie

still confused

thanks

Hi

Agree that a % is prob not suitable for most people but will work for others.

We have used manual weight based for years now and once you get your head round it, it’s not so bad!!

A quick run down of what you need to do! (sorry if telling you stuff you know)

1. Each product must have a weight defined (in delivries properties tab on product).
  2. Ensure (Disable Shipping is NOT ticked) (in setting>shipping settings).
  3. Ensure only country and states you wish to ship to are active. (admin>shipping & taxes>countries, states)
  4. Set up locations you wish to ship to (admin>shipping & taxes>locations) here you define different locations, eg texas (zip codes/cities) you will need to set up ALL your different locations that have different shipping values (based geographical not shipping method) eg deliveried to your local area will be different to a different state.
  5. You can now set up your delivery methods. (admin>shipping & taxes>delivery methods) eg overnite, 2nd day, 3rd day, ground, etc. (ensure you set min & max weight limits and select manual rate calculation (on general tab)). now move to delivery charges tab, DO NOT enter any values in the default destination! You should see the locations you created, select one of them and enter the appropriate shipping value in the weight dependancy section. Repeat for each location and for each different shipping method. I WOULD DO ONE and try before adding any others.

Hope this helps!!! :-)

[quote name='TheeDragon' timestamp='1406382348' post='188235']

so I am using the manual

and even that only works when I make some entry on the back page

[/quote]

What do you mean by that?

Barry

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1406385286' post='188239']

What do you mean by that?

Barry

[/quote]

on the page called

Editing shipping method:

it seams as I must do SOMETHING on the 'shipping charges' tab

or I get an error saying 'nothing was defined for your destination' ??

I seam to be close to getting this all done

I will make a step by step protocol and perhaps you can find my error(s)

thanks for help !

ps

will take a day or so to come back with protocol

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] you will need to set up ALL your different locations that have different shipping values (based geographical not shipping method ==>[/font][/color][font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]THAT might be the element I was missing / i THOUGHT FED EX or UPS would make THAT calculation for me , , , so . . what you are saying. eg that as UPS has five zones?? I must make 5 shipping zones ? and for each product / [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]will the program pick the correct zone depending on the buyer address?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] select one of them and enter the appropriate shipping value in the weight dependancy section. [/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]this was one of my original questions [/color][/font]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]- ie WHAT is the appropriate shipping value and the definitions of those variables ??[/color][/font]

Hi

No the instructions are for MANUAL shipping only and have nothing in common with realtime.

[quote name='TheeDragon' timestamp='1406389542' post='188243']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] select one of them and enter the appropriate shipping value in the weight dependancy section. [/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=#282828]this was one of my original questions [/color][/font]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=#282828]- ie WHAT is the appropriate shipping value and the definitions of those variables ??[/color][/font]

[/quote]

You will need to know how much it costs to send via each service per lb and make your shipping to suit.

eg 5lbs to - texas overnite $50, 2nd day $45, 3rd day $40, ground $20 and so on for each shipping method you use.

Barry

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1406390015' post='188244']

Hi

No the instructions are for MANUAL shipping only and have nothing in common with realtime.

You will need to know how much it costs to send via each service per lb and make your shipping to suit.

eg 5lbs to - texas overnite $50, 2nd day $45, 3rd day $40, ground $20 and so on for each shipping method you use.

Barry

[/quote]

ok / will work on it as you described

can NOT imagine what you all do when you have thousands of products

we have less than 100

appreciate the help !

[quote name='TheeDragon' timestamp='1406389542' post='188243']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]select one of them and enter the appropriate shipping value in the weight dependancy section. [/font][/color]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]this was one of my original questions [/color][/font]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][color=#282828]- ie WHAT is the appropriate shipping value and the definitions of those variables ??[/color][/font]

[/quote]

You've got a list of shipping charges from your carriers I guess, you set up the charges vs weight increments

Tried to get a screenshot of this here for you but can't seem to get it to work. Will get back later with it.

[quote name='TheeDragon' timestamp='1406402147' post='188249']

ok / will work on it as you described

can NOT imagine what you all do when you have thousands of products

we have less than 100

appreciate the help !

[/quote]

The number of products doesn't matter. You set each product's weight but remember to add a bit extra to allow for packaging, also large but light products will have a higher volumetric weight so you might want to allow for this. Product weights can be added in bulk so won't but much work for a 100 products.