File Name For Editing Pre-Defined Blocks?

Hi,

Would like to figure out what file to use to edit or remove Pre-Defined blocks?

I understand that there are 14 pre-defined blocks and would like to find the source code for them?

Here is what information I currently have, which does not help much as the overall pre-defined block information is in a different file. Please help in figuring out where the other files are that would be able to remove or add pre-defined blocks?

[list]

[]block_cache_properties.php - Global update handlers for block cache.

[
]dispatch_descriptions.php - Dispatch list with the respective language variables. Used solely for list generating for the Dispatch field during location adding/editing.

[]blocks.php - Main block scheme.

[
]dynamic_objects.php - Dynamic objects descriptions.

[]fillings.php - Additional parameters for fillings.

[
]templates.php - Additional parameters for templates.

[/list]

[quote name='hobbies4life' timestamp='1410138627' post='191636']

Hi,

Would like to figure out what file to use to edit or remove Pre-Defined blocks?

I understand that there are 14 pre-defined blocks and would like to find the source code for them?

Here is what information I currently have, which does not help much as the overall pre-defined block information is in a different file. Please help in figuring out where the other files are that would be able to remove or add pre-defined blocks?[list]

[]block_cache_properties.php - Global update handlers for block cache.

[
]dispatch_descriptions.php - Dispatch list with the respective language variables. Used solely for list generating for the Dispatch field during location adding/editing.

[]blocks.php - Main block scheme.

[
]dynamic_objects.php - Dynamic objects descriptions.

[]fillings.php - Additional parameters for fillings.

[
]templates.php - Additional parameters for templates.

[/list]

[/quote]

Do you mean static blocks? You can find them in the following directories:

design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/static_templates

and

design/themes/THEME/templates/addons/ADDON/blocks/static_templates

The system just parses the content of these categories. They do not have any specific file with settings.

I checked the [color=#282828][font=Arial]design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/static_templates folder and these are the only files I'm seeing, which have no information on the static blocks.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]404.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]auth_info.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]copyright.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]feature_comparison.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]logo.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]my_account_links.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]payment_icons.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]profile_info.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]quick_links.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]search.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]shipping_estimation.tpl[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]And for the [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=Arial]design/themes/THEME/templates/addons/ADDON/blocks/static_templates location, I currently don't have the blocks folder under the Theme/templates/addons?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]Please let me know?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]Thanks.[/font][/color]

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial]And for the [/font][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial]design/themes/THEME/templates/addons/ADDON/blocks/static_templates location, I currently don't have the blocks folder under the Theme/templates/addons?[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]Please let me know?[/font][/color][/quote]

Let me explain. It means that each add-on (built-in and 3rd party) can extend the block manager and add new static blocks

How would you recommend adding a custom category block, which only shows sub-categories of the selected category?

Thanks.

Do you know where to get documentation on creating a new static block add-on?

Thanks.

[quote name='hobbies4life' timestamp='1410189622' post='191677']

How would you recommend adding a custom category block, which only shows sub-categories of the selected category?

[/quote]

In this case you should create a new file for the block and extend the default app/schemas/block_manager/templates.php scheme (check categories templates there)

[quote name='hobbies4life' timestamp='1410189716' post='191678']

Do you know where to get documentation on creating a new static block add-on?

[/quote]

To create a static blocks, activate My changes module, create the design/themes/YUOR_THEME/templates/addons/my_changes/blocks/static_templates/my_block.tpl and clear the cache. This block will be displayed in the list of static templates in the block manager.