Fedex Shipping, Problem setting up Comercail vs Residentail Shipping cost

Hello,

I am trying to set Up Fedex shipping on CS-cart where people have the option to pick whether it is a Residential or Commercial Address, and get the proper rate Calculated for each. Right now it is only doing Residential, and the cost can be 2- 5 dollars different. I can't find anywhere in the Admin section where the option to turn this on is. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='alanW0LF#21' timestamp='1312471583' post='118849']

Hello,

I am trying to set Up Fedex shipping on CS-cart where people have the option to pick whether it is a Residential or Commercial Address, and get the proper rate Calculated for each. Right now it is only doing Residential, and the cost can be 2- 5 dollars different. I can't find anywhere in the Admin section where the option to turn this on is. Any help would be appreciated.

[/quote]

Have you had any luck with this? I have setup Fedex Realtime Ground & Home Delivery. I was hoping Fedex would automatically choose the right option and check the address, but I don't think this is the case.

You can have the customer choose whether they are commercial or residential, but I don't think it is linked in any way to the Fedex Shipping. This is so frustrating…nothing is simple.

Mindy

[quote]I was hoping Fedex would automatically choose the right option and check the address, but I don’t think this is the case.[/quote]

Mindy,

You are correct in that Fedex does not offer the capability of determining if an address is Commercial or Residential & returning the specific rates, the Fedex “Ground” rates are calculated as “Commercial” addresses, and the Fedex “Home Delivery” are of course calculated as “Residential” addresses. (You can setup both Fedex Ground and Fedex Home Delivery shipping methods, although it still falls back on relying on your customers to select the correct method, aka: “The honor System”…just a messy setup IMVHO :blink:

However, if you can use UPS as your realtime rates provider, UPS “does” verify at the street level & return the Ground shipping rates based upon the commercial or residential address type!